Jason  Reynolds
This topic is about Jason Reynolds
CSK Citations by recipient > Jason Reynolds

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_wool) | 131 comments Mod
2015 John Steptoe Award for New Talent
Jason Reynolds, author of "When I Was the Greatest,” published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Simon & Schuster Children’s Publishing Division.

Mr. Reynolds was the keynote speaker at the School Library Journal's SUMMERTEEN web conference on 08/13/2015. I will post the link to the keynote address when it becomes available for re-viewing for the next 12 months.

Reynolds' lively and engaging portrayal of urban teenage boys is a compelling story about neighborhood, family, friendship, values and the acceptance of difference.

Living in an underserved neighborhood in Brooklyn, Allen/Ali befriends Noodles and his brother Needles, who has Tourette syndrome. In an authentic contemporary voice, Reynolds focuses on the importance of family, the acceptance of responsibility and the obligations of friendship and portrays a likeable teenager learning how to be a good man.

Jason Reynolds is crazy. About stories. After earning a BA in English from The University of Maryland, College Park, he moved to Brooklyn, New York, where you can often find him walking the four blocks from the train to his apartment talking to himself. Well, not really talking to himself, but just repeating character names and plot lines he thought of on the train, over and over again, because he’s afraid he’ll forget it all before he gets home. You can find his ramblings at JasonWritesBooks.com.

message 2: by Jack (new)

Jack (jack_wool) | 131 comments Mod
Jack wrote: "2015 John Steptoe Award for New Talent
Jason Reynolds, author of "When I Was the Greatest,” published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers, an imprint of Simon & Sch..."

Here is the link to see Mr. Reynolds' presentation:
http://mediasource.actonservice.com/a...

Jason Reynolds headlined SLJ’s fourth annual all-day virtual conference, SummerTeen, on August 13. The archive of the keynote given by the award-winning YA author of When I Was the Greatest and The Boy in the Black Suit and coauthor of All American Boys with Brendan Kiely is now available for on-demand viewing.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

When I Was the Greatest (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jason Reynolds (other topics)