Support for Indie Authors discussion

Nine-Tenths of the Law
This topic is about Nine-Tenths of the Law
Archived Workshop No New Posts > Book trailer for paranormal mystery - thoughts?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Glenn (last edited Aug 13, 2015 05:31PM) (new)

Glenn Mitchell (glennhmitchell) | 5 comments Totally forgot I used to make TV shows. Why it didn't dawn on me earlier to put a trailer together, I'll never know. Anyway, it's simple but I'm pretty pleased with it. I'd love to hear your opinions.

https://youtu.be/r14_eqI4xFE

message 2: by Tom (new)

Tom (tom_shutt) | 20 comments Hi Glenn,

I like the trailer! It looks like something I would enjoy reading, though it was longer than most other advertisements/trailers (for books or anything else). Also, I didn't really get any paranormal vibes from it...it looks more like a contemporary murder mystery, with a discredited cop at the center of it. There were a lot of things in the book's description (such as the Japanese book on the occult and the family of Italian witches) that didn't come through in the trailer itself. Without reading the description, I wouldn't have even known about those things.

It also looks like there are a few typographical errors in there (at least one typo, and some mismatched quotation marks), but it was otherwise a good trailer. =)

message 3: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Mitchell (glennhmitchell) | 5 comments Yep, got the typo. Nice work. I hung my head in shame. Opinion on duration is always good to know as well. I probably went overboard because I was enjoying the process (and not sleeping much).

As for the blurb, there's so much in the book to cover. I basically chose the two most compelling hooks, so I'm glad that's how you perceived the book. Essentially it's a murder mystery with a touch of the bizarre.

message 4: by Eric (new)

Eric Stockwell | 31 comments So... that was ridiculous fun to watch. Point blank: if your book is half as good as that trailer, the book should do just fine.

message 5: by Glenn (new)

Glenn Mitchell (glennhmitchell) | 5 comments Eric wrote: "So... that was ridiculous fun to watch. Point blank: if your book is half as good as that trailer, the book should do just fine."

That's a great compliment. Thanks. I'm really struggling to get it going so hopefully the trailer works. Sadly, Adwords rejected the trailer as an ad and I've been forced to make a shorter, less graphic version. Some people are no fun at all.