Faith Hunter's BeastChat discussion

Faith Hunter in Kickstarter

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Palmatier | 7 comments I thought everyone here might like to know that Faith Hunter is participating in another Kickstarter for Zombies Need Brains. She'll be writing a story for the WERE- anthology, about were-creatures OTHER than werewolves. I don't know if she plans on doing a story that ties in with her Jane Yellowrock series like she did for our TEMPORALLY OUT OF ORDER anthology (coming August 25th), but I do know that Faith has donated some "Beast" armbands and Yellowrock vampire stakes that we're using as part of the reward levels for the Kickstarter. Look for the "Faith Hunter Stake Zombie" reward ($55, 1 left) and the "Faith Hunter Armband Zombie" reward ($65, 5 left). [Unfortunately, the combined armband & stake rewards are already gone.]

Swing on by and check out the Kickstarter! Here's the link: http://tiny.cc/bfah1x

message 2: by Michielle (new)

Michielle | 8 comments I participated in the kickstarter Tales of the Weird Wild West by Danielle Ackley-McPhail. The only thing I really wanted was Faith's story. The entire process was confusing to me and I'm still not sure if I will end up with her story. I see that another kiskstarter is going, but it is too much to keep track off. I would pay for any of Faith's stories, but it seems like I was paying more for everything else. I see that they are having no problems finding backers and I am glad of that. Maybe I am just out of touch with how it works.

message 3: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Palmatier | 7 comments Michielle:

It sometimes takes a while after the Kickstarter ends before the publisher can get the anthology out and released. For example, the TEMPORALLY OUT OF ORDER anthology that has one of Faith's stories in it is coming out tomorrow (August 25th), although the Kickstarter for it was run September 2014. That's just a fact of publishing: it takes time to get interiors designed, ebooks formatted, covers designed, etc., not to mention getting all of the stories edited and as good as they can be. The Zombies Need Brains anthologies have a good track record for being released relatively quickly, in publishing terms of quickly. I know Danielle Ackley-McPhail will also deliver on her Kickstarter for Tales of the Weird Wild West as well, although I'm not sure on an exact date yet. (I also backed that Kickstarter).

As for the costs: yes, sometimes you're paying for more than just the anthology itself. I can say that for the current ALIEN ARTIFACTS and WERE- Kickstarter (where Faith has a story in WERE-), the base prices for the ebooks and paperbacks is essentially the same price it will be when it comes out to the general public, so you don't need to worry about paying for anything "extra". (It's $6 for just one ebook; $15 for just one paperback. When the book comes out, it will be $6 for the ebook and probably slightly more than $15 for the paperback.)

If you have any questions about the Kickstarter, just ask. The link to the new Kickstarter is: http://tiny.cc/bfah1x

Joshua

message 4: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Palmatier | 7 comments Oh, and just FYI, in the new ALIEN ARTIFACTS/WERE- anthology Kickstarter, there are still 4 rewards left that feature the two anthology in ebook and paperback AND a leather armband with "BEAST IS NOT PREY" on it from Faith Hunter. Grab them while you can! Here's the link: http://tiny.cc/bfah1x

Joshua

message 5: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Palmatier | 7 comments And it's now official, from Faith herself: The WERE- anthology story she is writing is set in the Jane Yellowrock universe. She's said that it's a "Jane story," so I don't know if it will feature Jane or is just in that world. But it will definitely feature a were-creature. *grin* Still some of the "Beast is Not Prey" leather armbands left to grab as well! Check out the Kickstarter here: http://tiny.cc/bfah1x

message 6: by Faith (new)

Faith Hunter (faith_hunter) | 4 comments Michielle wrote: "I participated in the kickstarter Tales of the Weird Wild West by Danielle Ackley-McPhail. The only thing I really wanted was Faith's story. The entire process was confusing to me and I'm still no..."

Hi Michelle
The way kickstarters work is you pay to fund the project, in that case, an ebook. If they met *stretch* goals there would have been a second book, and I would have written a longer story for that one. As it is, you get a short short, about 2000 words, from me, in the book that did fund through. Thank you for participating! That short short is being seen nowhere else for a long time!

message 7: by Joshua (new)

Joshua Palmatier | 7 comments And Faith has released details about her story for the WERE- anthology in the current Kickstarter (going on here: http://tiny.cc/bfah1x)! She mentioned the following in her blog, lifted word-for-word:

"The short story I am writing for WERE will be set in the Jane Universe. I can't promise that it will include Jane herself, but if we reach our next stretch goal, $15,000, I promise that I will allow fans to vote on the character, said voting to be done on one of my Facebook pages in a poll. Unless someone suggests something better, your choices will be:

"1. A human or witch of my choice, Brute, and an arcenciel hunt a tiger that escaped into the bayous from a traveling carnival. It turns out to be a were-tiger, and it's tracking them.

"2. Rick (who has to be emotionally tortured by Paka, because, well, Rick) hunt a were-creature in the Appalachians. The moon is full, and Rick can't shift. But Paka can, and gets into mischief.

"3. Jane and Gee go hunting and fall afoul (a fowl? Yes I know, not punny) of a were-creature who is stronger than them both together. Will they form a real alliance to stop the were, or will they leave the creature free to torment the nearby town?

"4. Nomad (Jane's first boyfriend) and Kimnebi hunt for a were-African-lion, loose in the Appalachian mountains."

So, if you'd like to have a choice in what kind of story Faith Hunter writes for her contribution, help spread the word!