The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) The Hunger Games discussion

This book is SO good!!

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I just started reading Hunger games and fell in love with it, even if I was a bit hesitating about picking it up I'm glad that I did. I'm at page 189, Did you read it, will you read it, I can't wait to hear from you guys. :)

Jason Burghardt Never heard of it.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Really?? They made 3 movies about it. The second part of the third is coming out in November. It is great and you should really try it.
Hurray!! You're the first who commented !! :)

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Wait wait, did you read the #2 and #3 without reading the first one?

Emma I LOVED these books. When I first read them I got so obsessed that I would read them every month for about 6 months. These, Legend, and Harry Potter are the only books I can read over and over again without getting bored. I can't wait for Mockingjay Part 2. I have to say Hunger Games was my favorite, then Catching Fire, and finally Mockingjay. What about you?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I still haven't finished the Hunger games but I can't wait to read them all!! Right now I'm at the part when the games have started and Katniss's in a tree. She just discovered that Peeta was with the bad tributes.
I read Harry but never heard of Legend.

message 7: by Emma (last edited Aug 14, 2015 08:43AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Emma Have fun finishing the Hunger Games! You should also look at Legend by Marie Lu!

Nikita I know! I was so completely drawn into the story that I finished within a day. Couldn't wait I started Catching Fire the next day and finished within a day again. This was in 2010 before Mockingjay came out so I had to wait six months before finding out what happened next. Oh the wait was painful.

Hunger Games was the book series that brought me back into the reading world and I will always remember that.

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Waiting for the next book in a series is by far the worst thing in the world. I had to wait about one year for the house of hades in the heroes of olympus series and I did not enjoy that, but the wait was worth it in the end. Anyway, I'm really interested in this Legend series. I think it's a trilogy?

Dramapuppy Charlotte wrote: "Waiting for the next book in a series is by far the worst thing in the world. I had to wait about one year for the house of hades in the heroes of olympus series and I did not enjoy that, but the w..."

It is. I've only read the first one and I honestly didn't like it much, but based on the books you said you enjoyed, I think it would be perfect for you. (I have a weird taste in books, haha)! Here are the links to the Legend series:
Legend
Prodigy
Champion
And another book by this author that isn't part of the Legend series: The Young Elites
And it's sequel (not out yet): The Rose Society
I think it will be a trilogy, too. Untitled

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks! I'll take that in note. :)

message 12: by Olivia (new) - added it

Olivia Charlotte wrote: "Thanks! I'll take that in note. :)"

who is still reading all thsoe book there?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Well I'm reading the Hunger games trilogy and I'll also read the Legend trilogy, one day.