The Faithful and the Fallen discussion

Read along. Ideas guys.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kareem (new)

Kareem | 120 comments Mod
I'm just fishing for ideas guys. At present Ed and I are working on character bio's and preparing for our first read along. A lot of you have expressed some interest so it should be fun!

I however am just a humble geek, so what I'm asking is what would YOU like from the experience.

Much love!

Kareem :-)

message 2: by Deano (new)

Deano | 5 comments I'm not sure if you've seen the Malazan fallen group on here.
If you haven't go have a look and steal all their great ideas of how to set it out. ;-)
Chapter by chapter discussion after you have read a chapter you talk about it without spoilers of up coming events.
I'm not sure how but there is also a way of anyone who has read the books to hide the spoilers so only those who want to see them can.
Once you have biog for the characters in book 1
You could also make a book 2 character biog that expands briefly on what they got up to in bk 1.

Not asking for much eh?
;-)

message 3: by Steve (new)

Steve (syler147) when is this read along looking to kick off?

message 4: by Kareem (new)

Deano wrote: "I'm not sure if you've seen the Malazan fallen group on here.
If you haven't go have a look and steal all their great ideas of how to set it out. ;-)
Chapter by chapter discussion after you have re..."

Crikey! You don't want much do ya? But thanks, that is as thorough an answer as I could hope for. I'll get on it.

message 5: by Kareem (new)

Steve wrote: "when is this read along looking to kick off?"

Hi Steve,

I'm currently moving house (into my partners place) so time is really tight. The nightmare should be over by September. I'm aiming for the first week of September to begin with Malice.

message 6: by Steve (new)

Steve (syler147) That suits me :) I'll have what I'm currently reading finished my then

message 7: by Kareem (new)

Huzzah! :)

message 8: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 3 comments Can't wait for the read-along to begin! Have been wanting to re-read both anyway while I wait for Ruin's release in the US.

message 9: by Deano (new)

Deano | 5 comments Is it still not out in the USA then?

message 10: by Kareem (new)

October I believe. Not long!

message 11: by Kareem (new)

Guys, I'm really excited about getting ready for the read along to kick off on Monday the 21st (I know the date has changed a bit so thank you for your patients!)

I've had some really good news from Marc over at the Fantasy faction! We'll be able to have a spot on the main page which is exciting :-)

I've spent some time considering the time in which completing each book should take. Looking at Malice I think one chunk a week for four weeks would be comfortable for people (I'm trying to accommodate those with a busier lifestyle) that comes in at 150 pages bar the last chunk which is 28 pages longer.

Let me know if you think that is too much/too little.

Thanks guys!

message 12: by Edward (new)

Edward | 48 comments Mod
Sounds good to me Kareem. Looking forward to it, I'll finish doing the bios then will open s new thread just to post them so everyone can easily go back and read them whenever they feel like it :-)