Teen Writers and Readers Unite discussion

Writing > Screenplays

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments Hey guys,

What are your thought on screenplays/scripts? Do you read them or write them?

message 2: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments Recently, I've decided that I'd re-write an episode of Pretty Little Liars, and I'm noticing that as I begin to learn more about the craft, it combines my two favorite things Media and Writing. So maybe this is for me? I'm going to try it. But, there aren't that many resources to learn specifically Screenwriting online, so I'm kind of having a hard time learning.

message 3: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments One time I had an English project on the movie Gladiator and later that year on The Last Samurai. I found both the screenplays online. My teacher thought it was genius, but besides the point, it's really interesting to read through them, especially if you find originals. You can probably learn a lot from them, even if you just Google screenplays and whatever movie. As for writing them, I've never tried. I'd think it be kind of like writing a play though. So, if you read Shakespeare or other plays, you could also pick up some useful techniques.

message 4: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments Yes! I've read A Midsummer nights dream, it was hilarious

message 5: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments I enjoyed it a lot, do you consider ever trying to write a screenplay?

message 6: by Kersten (new)

Kersten Dominique (kersten_d) | 1068 comments Not really. I've been really interested in film and TV lately though. If I were to start one, it probably wouldn't get done for a really long time, even if it was short.

message 7: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments Wow! I'm going to be writing a screenplay for Nanowrimo, this year. It's much easier because it doesn't go off of wordcount. 1 page = 1 minute. So, it's much easier that way. I've also got a planned outline, (it used to be for a novel) which I'll try to write as a screenplay.

message 8: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments I don't have a logline for it yet, but it's about a queen who falls in love with this boy, only to find out that he's an assassin sent by her mother.

message 9: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments Even though I'm an animator, I do like Walt Disney's last film and wing it. I do plan out the general idea, though.

message 10: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments Wow! You're an animator, I want to get into film and stuff, but I'm not sure where to start.

message 11: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments It's okay, all animation is is drawing pictures one after another, only moving it slightly. It sounds really hard, but once you get into it it gets easier.

message 12: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 137 comments Yeah,

message 13: by niki (new)

niki Faith wrote: "Even though I'm an animator, I do like Walt Disney's last film and wing it. I do plan out the general idea, though."

I love animating! I don't know many people in real life who are animators because it is sort of an unusual hobby. I'm still not that good at it, but I'm hoping to get a Wacom tablet soon, which would help me immensely.

I haven't ever written my own script, though (but I have thought about it). I'm more of a novelist. :P

message 14: by Faith (new)

Faith (faithsendlessloveofbooks) | 401 comments If you do get a tablet, get the flipaclip app.