Recipes Galore discussion

Are Ali and I The Only Ones?

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon (fiona64) Looks like Ali and I are the only ones who have shared recipes. I need to find some other favorites to pass along (will try to do so this weekend).

message 2: by Ali (last edited Jul 10, 2009 11:05AM) (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Sharon wrote: "Looks like Ali and I are the only ones who have shared recipes. I need to find some other favorites to pass along (will try to do so this weekend)."

Thanks Sharon, hopefully everyone is searching for some...we need to make the title of the group true, or I could change it to 'Recipes Three!'

Kristin has e-mailed me asking me to put up some folders so that everyone can post easier, so I did...I hope that helps!

:)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) I will try to find some to post. I don't know any by heart that I can post here at work. I'll try to do some this weekend. Maybe a scones' recipe. Love those.

message 4: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "I will try to find some to post. I don't know any by heart that I can post here at work. I'll try to do some this weekend. Maybe a scones' recipe. Love those."

Thank you, Danielle, please do post a recipe for scones, Mmm, one with raisons!

message 5: by Stamatia (last edited Jul 10, 2009 11:32AM) (new)

Stamatia | 3 comments I'll pitch in too, whenever I have the time! I like reading other peoples recipes. It's far better than picking them up from a book or magazine it's more personal that way!
PS I have a recipe for spinach risotto whict topic do I put it in?

message 6: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 16 comments I'm new here and I would love to pitch in! When I'm not reading, I'm cooking or baking. Always trying out new recipes to see what works for my picky family.

Great idea for a group!

message 7: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Stamatia wrote: I have a recipe for spinach risotto whict topic do I put it in?

Thank you for joining, and sharing, Stamatia!

I don't know what the group looks like to everyone because it is different for moderators...I have added a number of folders and hope that when you create a new topic, that you can select which folder you want it to be in? If the one you want it not there, please let me know and I will add it...when recipes show up in the general folder I will move them to where they better fit.

I will create a folder for Risotto Bowls

message 8: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Tammy wrote: "I'm new here and I would love to pitch in! When I'm not reading, I'm cooking or baking. Always trying out new recipes to see what works for my picky family.

Great idea for a group!"

I am happy you joined, Tammy...I hope you find some fantastic recipes to share with your family!

message 9: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (tammymerlot) | 16 comments Could you create folders for appetizers and slow cooker recipes too please? =)

message 10: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Tammy wrote: "Could you create folders for appetizers and slow cooker recipes too please? =)"

For sure...keep them coming!

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) Hey Tammy and Stamatia. I bet you guys cook a lot more than I do. I am just a pretender here! I like to collect recipes though.

message 12: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (tracey1970) Hey guys. I will post some recipes on here, but had a rough week. Talk to you soon.

message 13: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Tracey wrote: "Hey guys. I will post some recipes on here, but had a rough week. Talk to you soon."

I am sorry I ‘threatened’ to ‘Boycott’ the group...I didn’t really mean it...I just wanted to get your attention, and it worked!
Lol <- I hope y’all were laughing!

I should probably do that in the “I Love Canadian Authors’” group...5 members, no posts!

Thank you for joining and posting, and thinking about what to post everyone!

Sincerely,
Ali :)

P.S. Tracey, I hope your weekend is better than your week has been.

message 14: by Stamatia (new)

Stamatia | 3 comments Thanks Ali!

message 15: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Stamatia wrote: "Thanks Ali!"

Of course!

message 16: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (anoel0511) | 23 comments Gatadelafuente (Danielle) wrote: "I will try to find some to post. I don't know any by heart that I can post here at work. I'll try to do some this weekend. Maybe a scones' recipe. Love those."

I agree. I joined this group while at work so I didn't have any recipes handy and I would hate to post a recipe that takes a turn for the worse. I have a poppy seed chicken recipe and a garlic chicken wrap recipe to post, as well as a great homemade angelfood cake recipe that has worked out very well in the past.

message 17: by Ali (last edited Jul 11, 2009 03:41PM) (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Alicia wrote: "I will try to find some to post. I don't know any by heart that I can post here at work. I'll try to do some this weekend. Maybe a scones' recipe. Love those."

I didn't know that our mouths actually watered...I get hungry, and excited for food, but 'mouth-watering' is real??

This group taste fantastic!

Thank you for joining and sharing, Alicia and everyone!

message 18: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Yes, right away here, Thomma!

We are looking forward to them!

message 19: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
For sure, Thomma...it is there now for you!

Thank you for posting, and for joining...everyone!

message 20: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (tracey1970) Tracey wrote: "Hey guys. I will post some recipes on here, but had a rough week. Talk to you soon."

Thanks Ali

message 21: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Thomma wrote: "Yikes...

I did add it, Thomma...when you go to create a new topic, select a folder to put it in...and you should see it?!

message 22: by Kim (new)

Kim Could you add a desserts category, please?!

message 23: by Ali (new)

Ali | 130 comments Mod
Kim, there is a desserts' category...when you post a new topic, move it to the folder you'd like from the drop-down menu.

Thanks!