Paranormal Romance and Urban Fantasy Addicts discussion

Archive (BOTM) > Series Spin-Offs

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kim (last edited Aug 12, 2015 09:44PM) (new)

Kim Anderson (kimmatski) Hey guys. I'm looking for a little help with a challenge that I'm working on. It is requesting that I read TWO spin-offs. I asked the challenge creator what exactly that meant, thinking it meant like a retelling, but she said no. It means an actual spin-off. Like Bloodlines is a spin-off for Vampire Academy. Or School Spirits is a spin-off of Hex Hall. Beyond these two, I've got nothing... Google and Listopia have been no help.

I read pretty much anything, but probably more young adult than anything else. I'm assuming that I'm going to have to read the entire first series prior to reading a spin-off, so I'm guessing spin-offs of giant 36-book-long series are going to be a bit tough. I do have a lot of time to get it done, but I have many other challenges I'm working on, too, so I don't want to have it eat up an incredible amount of time.

Any help you can give me (paranormal or otherwise) is greatly, greatly appreciated.

Also, I hope I posted this in the right section. If I didn't, MODs, feel free to move. Thanks!

message 2: by Shannon (last edited Aug 12, 2015 10:37PM) (new)

Shannon Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs is a spin-off of Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs the Mercy Thompson series

Hell Bent (Broken Magic, #1) by Devon Monk is a spin-ff of Magic to the Bone (Allie Beckstrom, #1) by Devon Monk the Allie Beckstrom series

Oh and The Summoning (Darkest Powers, #1) by Kelley Armstrong the darkest powers series and The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong the darkest rising series are both young adult spin offs of Bitten (Women of the Otherworld #1) by Kelley Armstrong the woman of the otherworld series and for those you dont really have to read the original series.

Thats all I can really think of right now I hope that helps some.

message 3: by Sandra J (last edited Aug 13, 2015 04:58AM) (new)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 67 comments Water Bound (Sea Haven/Sisters of the Heart, #1) by Christine Feehan (Sisters of the Heart) is a spin off of the Drake Sisters Magic in the Wind (Drake Sisters, #1) by Christine Feehan . The spin off can be read without having read the original series though some characters overlap, and there are a few references to the events in the last Drake Sisters book. Both series total two novellas and nine books.

These are not YA.

message 4: by Grace (last edited Aug 13, 2015 05:02AM) (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 52 comments Midnight's Daughter (Dorina Basarab, #1) by Karen Chance is a spin off from Touch the Dark (Cassandra Palmer, #1) by Karen Chance You read the first Dory book after book 3 of the Cassie series

Bear Necessities (Halle Shifters, #1) by Dana Marie Bell is a spin off from The Wallflower (Halle Pumas, #1) by Dana Marie Bell The five books from Pumas come first but they are quick reads

The Return (Titan, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout is a spin off from Half-Blood (Covenant, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

A good one to choose would be the Mercy Thompson books. You would only need to read Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, #1) by Patricia Briggs before reading Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega, #0.5) by Patricia Briggs which is a short before Cry Wolf (Alpha & Omega, #1) by Patricia Briggs They are both great series.

Not PNR but a good read Silver Bastard (Silver Valley, #1) by Joanna Wylde is a spin off from Reaper's Property (Reapers MC, #1) by Joanna Wylde

PNR but M/M Jackdaw by K.J. Charles is a standalone spin off from The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies, #1) by K.J. Charles

There are more I am trying to remember.

message 5: by Kim (new)

Kim Anderson (kimmatski) This is perfect! You guys are the best!

message 6: by Kristal (new)

Kristal Taylor (brilliant50) | 156 comments Great information!!!