Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > 55k Non-Fiction, Mate seeking, Relationships

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Remi (last edited Aug 12, 2015 07:09PM) (new)

Remi Gardanne | 5 comments Hello,

The title of the book is THE MARRIAGE EQUATION: A FRENCHMAN REVEALS THE SECRET OF LASTING LOVE. I have edited the manuscript and now need to move on to the next step, which is getting honest feedback and criticism from beta readers.

The book is targeting 18-34 single women, and potentially men, living in the US, who are seeking to find their soul mate and live happily ever after. Is it about dating? Maybe. Is it about mate seeking? Certainly. With a French Bias? Definitely.

A beta reader from the target audience, avid reader and writer would be ideal. Though, I’m open to other beta readers.

From the early feedback received so far, the book is an easy read with a good mix of storytelling and guidance.

The book went through a complete formatting to make it easy for the eyes. It’s available in print (6x9” - 3 copies remaining), PDF, MS Word, or other e-formats upon request.

What I expect is a good review of the content (organization, flow, transition, pace, ideas, etc), and less on the form (grammar, spelling, phrasing, etc.). The latter is for the copy editor.

Please note that I am an English Speaker as a Second Language with the credential of living in the US for 12 years and with a graduate degree with distinction from Heriot-Watt University, a top-ranked Scottish college.

Thank you so much!

Rémi

message 2: by Sam (new)

Sam Friedman (sam_ramirez) | 17 comments I am a single male between 18-34 living in the US, and I would like to be married someday. I'll be happy to beta read and offer feedback, and maybe you'll teach me something about love that I'm missing out on.

message 3: by Remi (new)

Remi Gardanne | 5 comments Hi Sam, Contact me at Remi dot Gardanne at gmail dot com. I'm all excited to kill to birds with one stone: helping you on your journey to find the one, and making the manuscript a better one. Cheers, Remi

message 4: by Martin (new)

Martin Rinehart Remi,

Is this "how-to" or a novel?

message 5: by Martin (new)

Martin Rinehart And one more, Remi.

The title: Have you tried a spine-sized look? And when you put it into a type size that fits the front cover, is it readable when someone browses covers at Amazon?

message 6: by Remi (new)

Remi Gardanne | 5 comments Martin wrote: "Remi,

Is this "how-to" or a novel?"

Martin,

Yes, this is a "how-to".

message 7: by Remi (new)

Remi Gardanne | 5 comments Martin wrote: "And one more, Remi.

The title: Have you tried a spine-sized look? And when you put it into a type size that fits the front cover, is it readable when someone browses covers at Amazon?"

Martin,

I don't understand your questions. Since the book launch is weeks down the line. As a result, the spine size, type size, cover, Amazon, etc. are a concern for another time.

message 8: by Martin (new)

Martin Rinehart Your title's length looked like it could cause trouble, Remi. In a traditional bookstore, the browser looks at spines. For better or worse, today's browsers (human, not software) look at Amazon thumbnails. (I'm wrestling with my first novel's title at present.)

message 9: by Remi (new)

Remi Gardanne | 5 comments Martin wrote: "Your title's length looked like it could cause trouble, Remi. In a traditional bookstore, the browser looks at spines. For better or worse, today's browsers (human, not software) look at Amazon thu..."

The Marriage Equation will fit on the spine. What follows after the semicolon -A Frenchman Reveals The Secret of Lasting Love- is the subtitle. As such, it will be on the cover and inside the book, not on the spine.

Please let me know if you'd be interested to beta-read the book or know someone who would be interested. Thx.

message 10: by Martin (new)

Martin Rinehart Well, Remi, you look like you've thought it through. Since we're covering the same topic (novel for me) send it along:

MartinRinehart@gmail.com