Horror Aficionados discussion

Help. Can't rember the title of book

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 2 comments Hope this is the right forum for this. I have been trying to figure out the title of a book I read years ago. Without getting too in-depth it had to do with people who stayed at a creepy inn because the hotel they were supposed to stay at was over booked. The inn had a presidential theme (wallpaper, pictures etc..) and was deep in the woods. It was run by a mother and her son's, named after presidents.
Thanks

message 2: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments I think you're looking for Endurance. Here's the description:

The bed and breakfast was hidden in the hills of West Virginia. Wary guests wondered how it could stay in business at such a creepy, remote location, especially with its bizarre, presidential decor and eccentric proprietor.With the event hotel for the national Iron Woman triathlon accidentally overbooked, competitor Maria was forced to stay at the Rushmore. But after checking into her room, she quickly realized she wasn't alone. First her suitcase wasn't where she put it. Then her cell phone was moved. Finally, she heard an odd creaking under the bed. Confusion quickly turned to fear, and fear to hysteria when she discovered the front door was barred and the windows were bricked over. There was no way out.One year later, four new female athletes have become guests of the Inn. Will they escape the horrors within its walls? Or will they join the many others who have died there, in ways too terrible to imagine?

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris | 2 comments That's it! Going to have too read the other books in the series now.

Thank You

message 4: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments You're welcome! I usually can't help in situations like these and was excited when I recognized the plot. :-)

message 5: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 408 comments Maybe someone can help me out. I remember reading a book years ago but I can't remember the title or the author although I vaguely remember it being a man. It was a book of short stories, the first story was the longest, and I believe they were all written by the same author. The first story (the longest one) was about a woman who was raped by man who broke into her home while she was in her teens and then it was years later and she had moved on and had a boyfriend but the man that originally attacked her was back and came after her again. I also remember one of the other short stories involving a child being drowned in a swimming pool.

I know this probably isn't very useful and it's not much information to go on but if anyone has any idea what it might be or thinks they know what it is then any options or help are very welcome and would be much appreciated!

message 6: by Char (new)

Char  | 13702 comments Mod
It doesn't ring a bell with me, Francesca, but if no one else here can help try this Goodreads group:

https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 7: by Francesca (new)

Francesca | 408 comments Ok, thank you! I didn't know that group even existed!

message 8: by Char (new)

Char  | 13702 comments Mod
Sure. Good luck! :)