Leatherby Libraries Community of Readers discussion

Wild: From Lost to Found on the Pacific Crest Trail
This topic is about Wild
Cheryl Strayed's WILD

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Margaret (resolute_mag) | 6 comments Mod
Today a group of faculty, staff, and alumni met to discuss WILD by Cheryl Strayed, in preparation for the author's visit to campus in September. We had a great discussion! Of course there's never enough time to discuss all the themes that interest us, so I wanted to open up a place where the conversation could continue.

Have you read the book? Seen the Reese Witherspoon movie? Do you have other recommendations of "wild" books that build a bridge between humans and nature?

Jeanne Walker | 1 comments Just returned from vacation so missed the discussion. I read the book, saw the movie, and loved both. There is nothing more meditative than hiking the Sierras with a 50 pound backpack, big lunky boots, wearing shorts and humming "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring"....really slow.

Jana (pilgrimgirl) | 1 comments Would anyone like to get together and watch the movie? I haven't seen it yet, but I read the book when it was first released.

Margaret (resolute_mag) | 6 comments Mod
Yes! I also haven't seen the movie but after reading the book I really want to. I'm game to get together and watch it with folks.

Annalisa Goode | 4 comments I enjoyed the book talk even though I am currently reading it. None of the discussion ruined the story line for me. I'm at the part where she just decided to attempt the hike.