Movies We've Just Watched discussion

1408 Movie

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Anyone seen this movie yet? We just watched it for the first time a few nights ago. I thought they did a great job adapting the story for the screen, but it did seem to lose momentum somewhere in the middle. The ending gave me serious chills.

message 2: by George (new)

George | 951 comments saw it, but honestly it didn't work for me. it has its moments, but I didn't think it was particularly scary.

message 3: by Angie (last edited Feb 20, 2008 11:55AM) (new)

Angie I also didn't think it was all that scary... it did do a good job of following the story. And the story is REALLY good. It is a short story though so putting it to screen they did have to add some stuff to make it a full length movie.

message 4: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 14 comments i actually just read the story after seeing the movie, and i love that they were so different from each other in terms of what was actually happening, but still somehow rang true to each other at the same time.

message 5: by Cliff (new)

Cliff | 46 comments I didn't read the SK short story. I thought it was okay. I wouldn't have paid to see it at the movies.

message 6: by Kelly (new)

Kelly Moran (AuthorKellyMoran) See, now I loved this! The ending was great, and I love how the ghosts seemed different than other depictions in other movies. I think a lot could have been edited from it though!
Love John Cusak, (spelled that wrong)
Loved Identity with him too.
~K

message 7: by Lynn (new)

Lynn (dwell_ondreams) It started out good, but lost steam about 20-30 minutes into it & was just boring.

message 8: by Ed (new)

Ed | 217 comments Mod
same view here.