Emily March Fans discussion

Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
This topic is about Nightingale Way
#5 Archive: Nightingale Way > Davenport. Jack Davenport. Who is YOUR Jack Davenport?

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paula Radell (lady_lovesbooks) | 2103 comments Mod
Just for Fun ... Emily referred to Jack Davenport as a Bond-like character. Word is that Daniel Craig is about to give up the famous film role and the producers are looking for a replacement. So ... let's cast our own Jack Davenport! Based on Emily's description of the gorgeous Jack ... who comes to mind?

message 2: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments I see a Hugh Jackman as Jack Davenport. He is tall, dark, and very handsome. I see the kind, aristocratic Leopold from the movie Kate and Leopold and the tough, hard, rough adventuresome guy he portrays in many other roles.

Linda (readingdragon) | 44 comments A younger Pierce Brosnant or maybe Timothy Dalton! But I like the idea of Hugh Jackson too!

Linda W

message 4: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Linda great choices too? I can see Pierce and Timothy also as Jack but have to say I have always loved Hugh Jackman.

Linda (readingdragon) | 44 comments With Pierce I remember when I saw him in Remington Steele, I told my Mom that when he got a bit older he would be a GREAT Bond!

message 6: by Lesley (new) - added it

Lesley | 669 comments I see Jack as more 'rugged' than Pierce or Timothy, so perhaps Daniel Craig as he is now.

message 7: by Kay (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kay (kkfar) | 502 comments Linda wrote: "With Pierce I remember when I saw him in Remington Steele, I told my Mom that when he got a bit older he would be a GREAT Bond!"

I forgot about Remington Steele. So loved that show and Pierce in it.

Michelle | 34 comments Russell Crowe!!!!!!!!

Jimnlori | 31 comments Gerard Butler

message 10: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

KK wrote: "I see a Hugh Jackman as Jack Davenport. He is tall, dark, and very handsome. I see the kind, aristocratic Leopold from the movie Kate and Leopold and the tough, hard, rough adventuresome guy he p..." Nice choice! I think Hugh Jackman is such a talented actor and such a good person, too. This is a tough choice.

message 11: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda wrote: "A younger Pierce Brosnant or maybe Timothy Dalton! But I like the idea of Hugh Jackson too!

Linda W"
I've had a crush on Pierce Brosnan since Remington Steele. He, too, is a wonderful person, a loving family man, fiercely protective of those he loves. He's got the blue eyes and the angled features...and I loved him as Bond. I thought of him right away, but there are so many good choices!!

message 12: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesley wrote: "I see Jack as more 'rugged' than Pierce or Timothy, so perhaps Daniel Craig as he is now." Timothy Dalton's accent and his deep voice are sooooo sexy...and he has a darkness to his Bond character that was intimidating enough to convince me he could be a CIA operative...

message 13: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Michelle wrote: "Russell Crowe!!!!!!!!" Russell is certainly rugged - I wouldn't want to get in his way if he was rescuing someone and if I needed rescue, I would love to see him bursting into the compound...!

message 14: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lesley wrote: "I see Jack as more 'rugged' than Pierce or Timothy, so perhaps Daniel Craig as he is now." Daniel is ruggedly handsome - he doesn't have that "perfect" face - he looks like he's lived the life he portrays on the screen as Bond.

message 15: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

OK, I am going to get a bit controversial here -- because people either like these two or hate them; but since I'm going to see Henry Cavill play Napoleon Solo tonight - and he has the dark hair, the angular features, and the body of a Greek God, I could see him as a Jack Davenport. And the other one - if younger - would be a taller Tom Cruise. His performance as an action hero is always riveting - and he ROCKS Mission Impossible this time around. Hanging off of the plane...I could see Jack doing that...

...and then, perhaps - a younger Harrison Ford. *sigh*

I'm having fun with this...can you tell?

Lola  | 1001 comments I keep seeing Matt Bomer from White Collar ,as Jack.

message 17: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola wrote: "I keep seeing Matt Bomer from White Collar ,as Jack." Oh, woman you just rung my bell. I love Matt Bomer. He plays a tortured hero beautifully and he has the exact features described in the story...I think this may warrant a photo in our library!

Lola  | 1001 comments ;) Your Welcome ,I never missed one episode of White Collar !