Emily March Fans discussion

Nightingale Way (Eternity Springs, #5)
This topic is about Nightingale Way
#5 Archive: Nightingale Way > Nightingale Way Giveaway - 5 Prizes!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Paula, Moderator (last edited Aug 12, 2015 09:20AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Paula Radell (lady_lovesbooks) | 2103 comments Mod
Ladies ... Emily's new publisher has offered us 5 Advanced Readers Copies (ARCs) of Heartsong Cottage to give away when we've finished our discussion of Nightingale Way!!

There are TWO things you need to do to enter:

If you haven't already done this -- go to this link and add Heartsong Cottage to your Goodreads TBR list! (In other words, mark it as Want to Read).
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...
If you HAVE already done it, or have already had a chance to read Heartsong Cottage in ARC format - just say so in this discussion thread.

Answer this question - selected by Mr. Random from all of the questions suggested by our members (Lola suggested this one):

"If you could have dinner with 5 people - living or passed - who would it be and why?"

I actually think it's providential that this question was selected...5 ARCs to give away, 5 people to invite to dinner!

Go one-click "Want to Read" - think about all of your possible dinner guests - and comment away!

Lorena Keech | 3 comments I have added Heartsong Cottage to my TBR list.
The question is a very difficult one because there are so many people I would enjoy talking with.
But if I must decide, I'd say 1)My father who is deceased. He was just the smartest, funniest guy and he was always a great dinner guest. And of course, it would be great to see him again. 2)Abraham Lincoln because I think he could add some of his wisdom about "a house divided" to help us with our current political upheaval. 3)Franklin Roosevelt for his political insights and because he seemed like a convivial fellow. 4)Bill Clinton because he too seems so smart and yet down to earth. 5)Pamela Harriman because she was a brilliant hostess, loved men, had a great political mind and would know just what to say to keep the conversation rolling.

message 3: by Carol (last edited Aug 12, 2015 12:59PM) (new)

Carol If I could invite 5 people to dinner, they would be my Mother, my three sons
and my husband. My Mother died before I meet my husband, married and
had my sons. This way they could meet their maternal grandmother and mother-in-law. We would dine on the plates and goblets my Mom left me.
We would have petifores for dessert as that was my Mom's favorite.

Add Heartsong Cottage to my Want to read list.

Jimnlori | 31 comments Added Heartsong Cottage to my TBR list.
I would invite:
Abraham Lincoln
Jackie Kennedy
Belle Starr
Charlotte Bronte
Margaret Mitchell

Michelle | 34 comments Heart song added To Be Read.
Dinner guests:
1. My husband- I would want to share the experience with him.
2. The Dalai Lama- I would love to hear his gentle wisdom in person.
3. Ernest Hemingway- my husband's favorite author and a man of many experiences.
4. JRR Tolkien- One of my favorite authors, I would love to hear more about his Lord of the Rings.
5. My great grandmother, Grace- I would like to learn some family history.

Book Addict | 1 comments I have Heart Song on my to be read list and I am looking forward to reading it

Choosing 5 dinner guests is hard but here is my list.
1. Grandma Thelma - she loved reading and we were really close
2. Granny Bessie - never got to meet Granny but would love to visit with her
3. Mother - She is my best friend and would want to share this time with her too
4. My Son - so that he could meet his great grandmothers
5. Jana - my best fiend who died way too young. She loved my grandmother and mother and I would love for he to meet my son.

message 7: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 53 comments I have already added Heartsong Cottage to my want to read list.
1) I would invite my great grandmother Elizabeth, who died when I was seven. She always had wonderful stories about walking across the country from Montreal to Ukiah in Northern California with a covered wagon train when she was a young girl. I would really like to hear them again! 2) Also, my grandmother Effie, who was a young adult in the roaring twenties. 3) I would invite Eleanor Roosevelt, because I've always admired her good sense and wisdom. 4) I would invite Madam Marie Curie, a scientist, and first woman to win a Nobel Prize. 5) Finally, I'd invite my daughter, Meg, because I think she'd love the conversation, and I would want to share the experience with her!

Diane Perry (diane_perry) | 5 comments I have added Heartsong Cottage TBR list.
My five people I would love would be
1.Jeana my best friend
2.My Granddad Perry. He died before I was born and I would love get to know him.
3.Maya Angelou my all time inspiration.
4.Nikki my niece
5.Melissa my cousin and mentor

message 9: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Rumsey | 54 comments Just added Heartsong Cottage to my Goodreads WTR list.
The 5 people I would invite:
1. My daughter who died 4 years ago. I would love for her to see her three sons again and the young men they have become.
2. My father who died several years ago and there is so much I would love to share with him.
3. My great grandmother Mollie who came to America in 1983 and learn more about her life as a German in Russia and life in Oklahoma before it became a state.
4. My uncle Ivol who use to tell such fascinating stories about archaeology and what he had seen.
5. Stephen Amell (Arr0w)...would love to talk to him and laugh together.

message 10: by Gwen (new)

Gwen (cleosmomgr) | 1 comments I have added Heartsong Cottage to my TBR list.

I would invite:
1. Abraham Lincoln
2. Robert E. Lee
3. Ulysses S. Grant
4. Margaret Mitchell
5. Vivian Leigh
*I have always been fascinated by the Civil War so to me, it would be interesting to get the real life experiences of people who lived it along with one person who created a story around the South and the war and one of the people who starred in the movie adaptation.

Elizabeth | 5 comments Added to the new book to my TBR. 5 people for dinner...,
1) my birth mother - I was an infant when she passed. I'd love to just be with her for a little bit.
2,3,4) my kids - so that she could see them and they could meet her.
5) my dad - even though he made sure I her up with a wonderful step mother, it would be nice to see "my" family together - even if it was just for one meal.

message 12: by Jina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jina Gibbs | 763 comments Heartsong cottage is on my TBR list.
1. Jesus... I have so many questions and would be blessed and honored to meet him. I would love to hear Him speak.
2. My grandmother Edna... I miss her so much.
3. Robin Williams, for the laughter and to tell him how much his acting and good that he did meant to me personally and to tell him, his life mattered, He mattered to so many.
4. My Brother Daren, I miss him. We dont talk much since we are both so busy.
5. John Wayne, the Duke, I grew up watching him and love his movies and admire all he did in films and for the troops.
There is many others I would love to spend time with but these come to mind first.
Sincerely,
Jina Gibbs

message 13: by Sharlene (new) - added it

Sharlene (swegner) My mother in law passed away about 8 years ago. She was a really sweet lady & I miss her. She would be number 1. I would also love to meet my father in law, who died very young, long before I knew my husband. My husband's brother, whom we haven't seen for 8 years. I haven't seen my sister for a year, so I would pick her, too. My grandma, who died about 15 years ago at the age of 91. She loved reading romance novels & loved babies & children!

Lola  | 1001 comments 1.My Big Sister Sandra who passed away from cancer,still miss her so !
2. Whoopi Goldberg
3. The Dalai Lama
4. Betty White
5. Sylvia Browne To see if she was right about the other side.

I think this would be a great group , what fun discussions .

Cathy Genna - 2013 RWA Bookseller of the Year (rwa2013bookselleroftheyear) | 8 comments HEARTSONG Cottage is on my TBR list.
you said to Paula:
Hello Paula and all!

Answer this ONE question in the Nightingale Way Giveaway thread: "If you could invite 5 people - living or passed - to dinner, who would they be, and why?" This question was contributed by Lola, one of our members, and we'd love to know your choices.
I would invite Pauline & Bruce a Stover, Ann Orsuto, Jill Migone & Saint Francis of Assisi. Pauline, Bruce & Ann were very close friends of mine who passed in their early 40's and I miss them! I struggle with their loss every day. Jill is my cousin who tragically suffered from a brain tumor at the young age of 9 when I was 11. My sister was her age and Jill's sister Dawn is my age. We grew up together and Jill always had a smile on her face even when she became paralyzed on her entire right side of her body. She was beautiful. I wonder what she have to say today. Lastly St. Francis- well I'm animal rescuer and have multiple pets in heaven. I like to think St. Francis is watching over them all and he could give me an update even if it took him all night.

message 16: by Brandi (last edited Aug 12, 2015 04:12PM) (new)

Brandi (poohfanatik) | 117 comments I add it a bit ago.

I would invite the following:
My grandpa on my dads side, he passed away when i was 6 months old,
A friend of mine who passed at the ripe old age of 92 for one more great conversation,
Vin Diesel because yeah,
And twofer my two angel babies who although never made it to the earthly plane but left footprints ony heart and soul.

Linda (readingdragon) | 44 comments Heartsong cottage is now on my TBR list here on Goodreads.

1) My Grandma Hall, she is the main reason I love reading Romance. She got me started with Harlequin Romance books plus I miss her so much.

2) Crazy Horse, Just to talk to him and hear his side of the story!!

3) Sean Connery, just to let him read to me!! Oh that voice!!

4) Harriet Tubman, like Crazy Horse to hear her stories. That would be so GREAT!

5) My Great-GrandMa Thursby, I'm working on our Family History I have hit a wall with her history.

Jennie  Veazey Paula wrote: "Ladies ... Emily's new publisher has offered us 5 Advanced Readers Copies (ARCs) of Heartsong Cottage to give away when we've finished our discussion of Nightingale Way!!

There are TWO things yo..."

For the record I am loving these books and enjoying the discussion group! I have added Heartsong Cottage to my TBR list and liked it as well.

My dinner guests would be:

1. My husband who passed away in 1995. I would love to tell him about our grown kids and their children. It would mean so much to me to share all of that with him.

2. My mom. I lost her to cancer 30 years ago. I would love to see her and tell her about who I am now and the woman I became.

3. My dad. Catch up time! He has been gone for 4 years and I miss his wit and grumpiness! lol

4. From long ago, Joseph from the bible. I would like to know what his life must have been like, straight from him. I studied him in a church group and his life was amazing. I'm sure I could learn even more from him.

5. Oprah!! Who wouldn't like to have her at your table. She is amazing and I would love the chance to talk with her and learn from her!

Doris Lankford | 3 comments Heartsong Cottage has been on my TBR pile since it was first announced. My dinner guests would be: 1. My Mom who passed away in 2009 and because I miss her everyday and would love to hear her voice one more time. 2. My sister who passed away in 2012 at the age of 53 and because I have so much I want to tell her. 3. John F. Kennedy because he was a man of vision and I would love to hear what he has to say about our changing world. 4. Robin Williams because he made everyone laugh and we need more laughter in our lives. 5. Bill O'Reilly because I like to hear him talk and he is very smart and insightful.

message 20: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 592 comments Paula wrote: "Ladies ... Emily's new publisher has offered us 5 Advanced Readers Copies (ARCs) of Heartsong Cottage to give away when we've finished our discussion of Nightingale Way!!

There are TWO things yo..."

I would have dinner with the good china and it would include my Mom's Mom,Grandmom Rose, who passed away 1999and my dad's father, Granddad ,who passed away 1968 and my friend John who died 5 years after graduation ,1987,as well as John Quincy Adams and Corrie ten Boom . I would get to ask questions that have bother me and they are people who I would enjoy a conversation with about issues of their time periods. All of them have a connect to my love of history and I just would like to ask them all questions and hear the answers

message 21: by Lesley (new) - added it

Lesley | 669 comments Heartsong Cottage is on my TBR list.
My dinner guests would be my husband & both sets of our parents who died between 1998 & 2005 so that we could tell/show them how their Great Grandchildren have grown up into lovely people as my parents especially didn't get the chance to get to know them at all.

message 22: by Lori (new)

Lori (kcchiefsgal) Heart sing Cottage added to my "to read" shelf.

My 5 I would love to have dinner with:

1) Lamar Hunt -- founder of the KC Chiefs & I am a huge Chiefs fan. Would love to have a conversation with him. I never got to meet him before he passed.

2) Derrick Thomas -- my fave KC Chiefs player of all time & passed away at too young of age.

3) Kathrine Switzer -- would love to have dinner with this fantastic lady who paved the way for women runners!

4) Ronda Rousey -- one bad a$! woman! Having dinner with her would be fun & interesting!

5) Andre Agassi -- my favorite tennis player of all time! I had such a crush on him in the 90s, lol lol!!

message 23: by Jessica (new) - added it

Jessica Call | 106 comments Ok added to tbr
1. My Grammy i miss her so much! She was my best friend and she brought the fun!
2. Paul Walker because he was just so yummy and he actually cared about the world and was a avid donater
3. Elvis because seriously the king of rock and roll!
4. Whitney Houston because she was a inspiration to many and despite her troubles she was a good person.
5. My mom because i'd want to share all these amazing dinner guests with her because shes a inspiration to me and shes fun like that! And you never know when people time is coming so share everything experience everything while you can and live like its your last day. I want to share all my experiences with my mom because shes my mom

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

added to my list.

#1. my dad (he passed in 19997) ~ this way i could tell him all about his grandchildren & how they have grown so far.

#2. Nick Mendoza (living) ~ he is in the Navy, started his own business & an all around great guy.

#3 & #4 my twin daughters Lily & Paige ~ this way they could meet their grandpa & get to know him (they do not have family outside myself, husband, brother & 2 sisters)

#5. My Pawpaw (my dad's dad ~ passed in 1976) to get to know the man that raised my father & to tell him thank you!

message 25: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lorena wrote: "I have added Heartsong Cottage to my TBR list.
The question is a very difficult one because there are so many people I would enjoy talking with.
But if I must decide, I'd say 1)My father who is dec..."

I love all of the thought you've put into your selections and thanks for sharing the "why" - I agree, it's a difficult question simply because we can learn so much from the past and the present - and there are so many people we care about or are curious about that we would love to connect with!

message 26: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margaret wrote: "I have already added Heartsong Cottage to my want to read list.
1) I would invite my great grandmother Elizabeth, who died when I was seven. She always had wonderful stories about walking across th..."

UKIAH! I live in Ukiah!! That is SO COOL! There aren't many people who know where we are out here...

message 27: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

WOW, ladies. Such beautiful, thoughtful, and fun answers. I'm in constant awe of the strong, compassionate women who make up our reading circle. I'd like to reply to every single comment but I don't want to clog up the discussion thread. I've read every one and now I have some thinking to do...thank you for inspiring me today. xo

message 28: by Linda (last edited Aug 13, 2015 08:02PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda (lindamanthey) | 413 comments I added Heartsong Cottage to my "Want to read list" quite a while ago.
This is a very difficult task for me. There are so many to choose from.

I would love to sit and converse with Jesus, but I wouldn't want it to be in a group situation. I think I would want to give Him my full attention and listen and learn form Him.

The More I thought about the question I kept coming back to this one idea.

SO, my choices are these five people.

1. My Maternal Grandfather- I adored him. (passed away)

2. George Yonce- Bass singer for the Cathederal Quartet (passed away)

3. Johnny Cook- My favorite tenor of all time and a member of the Gospel singing group The Happy Goodman Family. (passed away)

4. Rusty Goodman- Baritone singer in various Gospel Quartets and one of the most prolific song writers in Gospel Music. (passed away)

5. Stan Whitmire- A wonderful Christian Pianist and singer. (still living)

My Reason for these selections:

When I was a young girl I would visit my Grandpa and we would watch the Gospel Quartets on Sunday Morning Television singing right along with them.
Every evening we would sit on the front porch, sofly gliding on the porch swing, and sing together. Grandpa was a wonderful Bass singer and George Yonce has aways reminded me of him.
I would want to gather with all these wonderful Gospel singers and musicians and just, once again, sing with my Grandpa the way we did so many years ago, but in a grander way with all these wonderful folks gathered together. I can't remember a happier time than when I sat on that front porch with my Grandpa singing gospel songs. The world seemed to be at peace and all was well within us.

message 29: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Linda wrote: "I added Heartsong Cottage to my "Want to read list" quite a while ago.
This is a very difficult task for me. There are so many to choose from.

I would love to sit and converse with Jesus, but I ..."
That is a beautiful story, and like so many others it triggered an incredibly happy memory for me. Both my paternal grandfather and my father sang bass. My grandfather wrote gospel songs in old fashioned "shape notes" (I don't know if anyone else in here even knows what they are...I just remembered seeing him diligently writing them out as I read your story.) My father sang in a quartet for years - with 3 of his best friends - and as a family we sang as a trio in church (despite my horrendous stage fright). As the daughter of a bass and a soprano I was inevitably an alto...! Those memories will carry me through today and I am loving this discussion thread so much! I haven't posted mine because I've got to give it a lot more thought! Have a blessed weekend, everyone. xo

message 30: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 53 comments Paula wrote: "Margaret wrote: "I have already added Heartsong Cottage to my want to read list.
1) I would invite my great grandmother Elizabeth, who died when I was seven. She always had wonderful stories about ..."

Paula - I've only been to Ukiah a couple of times when I was young. My grandparents had lots of friends there....I remember staying on a sheep ranch when they were shearing, and I remember how beautiful the area is. I grew up in the Bay Area in Los Altos, but have been in the Midwest for about 25 years now. Sigh.

message 31: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margaret wrote: "Paula wrote: "Margaret wrote: "I have already added Heartsong Cottage to my want to read list.
1) I would invite my great grandmother Elizabeth, who died when I was seven. She always had wonderful ..."
Margaret, I thought I had moved to the middle of nowhere when we landed here seven years ago, and Virginia Beach will always be "home" to me, but I have to say the quality of life in a rural community has been a wonderful experience. It's simpler in so many ways - it's quieter, the pace is slower, the people are very diverse, and there is a sense of community that you don't get in a lot of places these days. But now I want to live in Eternity Springs!

message 32: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 53 comments Paula wrote: "Margaret wrote: "Paula wrote: "Margaret wrote: "I have already added Heartsong Cottage to my want to read list.
1) I would invite my great grandmother Elizabeth, who died when I was seven. She alwa..."

Me too!

The Loopy Librarian (loopy_librarian) | 7 comments I added Heartsong Cottage to my Want to Read list. For dinner I would invite:

1) Nancy Pearl - She's like a librarian superhero. I have her action figure, and I'd love to talk books with her.

2) My grown children - both active military and far away. I miss them.

3) Emily Dickinson - my favorite poet

4) The Bronte Sisters

5) Jane Austen

With these guests, I think a tea party would be ideal. My son might feel odd in this group, but I need him to come anyway. I'll make him chicken 'n dumplings.

message 34: by Jennie (last edited Aug 15, 2015 02:53PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennie  Veazey I love the sound of chicken 'n dumplings! Mm good!

message 35: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

The Loopy Librarian wrote: "I added Heartsong Cottage to my Want to Read list. For dinner I would invite:

1) Nancy Pearl - She's like a librarian superhero. I have her action figure, and I'd love to talk books with her.

2) ..."
I love your selection of bookish guests and family -- and chicken n' dumplings? Set an extra place at the table!

Lola  | 1001 comments Thanks I needed a idea for my menu, chicken and dumpling, I haven't made it in awhile. See all the things you can get from our group.

message 37: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lola wrote: "Thanks I needed a idea for my menu, chicken and dumpling, I haven't made it in awhile. See all the things you can get from our group." I was just thinking about that earlier, too! I have an idea for a new question that I might hold on to for next time - having to do with food...of course. Food brings people together in so many ways. So many of our fond memories involve celebrations with food. We look for comfort foods we love from childhood when we need to feel that connection again...I may be starting to be obsessed with the subject.

message 38: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Herald | 76 comments Already added Heartsong Cottage and my 5 people would be:
Princess Diana - She was such a beautiful soul and I would love to talk with her.
Clint Eastwood - Just cause I like him (and he can bring his son Scott!)
My favorite authors, Emily of course, Diana Gabaldon and Nora Roberts. Would love to hear how they all get their ideas for stories and how they research for a book. I always thought maybe one day I would write a book too! And those chicken and dumplings sound really good!

message 39: by Paula, Moderator (last edited Aug 18, 2015 10:51AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam wrote: "Already added Heartsong Cottage and my 5 people would be:
Princess Diana - She was such a beautiful soul and I would love to talk with her.
Clint Eastwood - Just cause I like him (and he can bring ..."
Great choices, Pam - and if you need help getting that dinner ready, I'll come over...just to make sure you have everything Scott needs...I mean, everything YOU need.

P.S. Take it from me -- if you have a story you feel needs to be written...write it! Even if you never publish it, let the story out. As they say in Eternity Springs, give it wings to fly!

message 40: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Herald | 76 comments Paula wrote: "Pam wrote: "Already added Heartsong Cottage and my 5 people would be:
Clint Eastwood - Just cause I like him (and h..."

LOL! I am sure Scott, I mean, I, will have everything I need but you are definitely invited too! Since I have my wings I may just write that story! :)

message 41: by Kris (last edited Aug 21, 2015 11:39AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris Hasenfratz Ten-Eyck (kristen-eyck) | 1 comments Added Heartsong Cottage as a Want to Read (of course pre-ordered it months ago) and these are my 5 people:

1. Anne McCaffrey - 'cause I am rereading all her books right now
2. Robin D. Owens - a fav author and 'cause I want to live on Celta, the world she created
3. Andre Norton - first sci-fi/fantasy author I ever read
4. Emily March - a fav author and 'cause I want to live in Eternity Springs, the town she created
5. Elvera Klier (maternal grandmother, gone since I was in college, and had a stroke while I was in grade school) because I want to learn all those skills I was too young to be interested in when she was alive and able - canning, crochet, and BAKING. Esp her tarts.

message 42: by Cindy (last edited Aug 18, 2015 11:04PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Cindy | 1 comments Hi. I have added Heartsong Cottage to my Want to Read list. I am coming into this group a little late but I have been a fan for a long time.
5 people....Tough question.
1. My Great Grandparents. I never got to meet them and would like to know about them, and the times they lived in.
2.Emily March. Would like to just talk and see how she puts together her ideas.
3. Princess Diana. For many reasons.
4.Brenda Novak. I like her books and her causes.
5. My brother and parents who have passed, so they could meet my grandchildren.

message 43: by Margaret (new)

Margaret | 53 comments Wow! So many great people would be invited to these dinners! I love that so many of us would invite deceased parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and our children. Family is so important, and Eternity Springs seems like a big family, caring and looking out for each other. Perhaps that's why so many of us are drawn to this series. Then there is the chicken and dumplings... Yum!

Jennie  Veazey Let's all pack up and go to Eternity Springs and plan a Huge dinner and invite all of our wonderful guests! And the guest of honor would be our own favorite author and creator of Eternity Springs Emily March! How awesome would that be!

message 45: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam wrote: "Paula wrote: "Pam wrote: "Already added Heartsong Cottage and my 5 people would be:
Clint Eastwood - Just cause I l..."
May the wings be with you, Pam!

message 46: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kris wrote: "Added Heartsong Cottage as a Want to Read (of course pre-ordered it months ago) and these are my 5 people:

1. Anne McCaffrey - 'cause I am rereading all her books right now
2. Robin D. Owens - a f..."
I completely relate to the boring stuff you thought you'd never do but want to learn now thing... my grandmother taught me to crochet, and I practiced it for several years, then became a mom -- and now I can't even put together a granny square! We owe it to our grandmothers to keep these crafts alive, which is one of the reasons I love Eternity Springs so much - it is alive with arts and crafts.

message 47: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Cindy wrote: "Hi. I have added Heartsong Cottage to my Want to Read list. I am coming into this group a little late but I have been a fan for a long time.
5 people....Tough question.
1. My Great Grandparents. I ..."
Never too late to jump into our reading community, Cindy! We're delighted to have you here, and thanks so much for sharing such a thoughtful list. I'm still thinking about mine. I think I need more than one party...like maybe 10....

message 48: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Margaret wrote: "Wow! So many great people would be invited to these dinners! I love that so many of us would invite deceased parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and our children. Family is so important, and..." I've really been touched and inspired by all of the contributions on this topic, too, Margaret. It's proof once again that we are all so much more alike than we are different - and that even our differences make us better together.

message 49: by Paula, Moderator (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jennie wrote: "Let's all pack up and go to Eternity Springs and plan a Huge dinner and invite all of our wonderful guests! And the guest of honor would be our own favorite author and creator of Eternity Springs E..."
The agenda would have to include breakfast at Fresh, lunch and supper at the Yellow Kitchen, and a ten-mile run to burn off the treats...I'd like to volunteer to sit at the men's table...#CougarOnTheLoose.

message 50: by Pam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Pam Herald | 76 comments Paula wrote: "Jennie wrote: "Let's all pack up and go to Eternity Springs and plan a Huge dinner and invite all of our wonderful guests! And the guest of honor would be our own favorite author and creator of Et..."

I'm at that table with you Paula! :) Wouldn't it be so much fun to meet everyone in this group? I would love it!

« previous 1