What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA - Pixie/Fairy/Elf betrothed to prince

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 5 comments I have honestly been searching for his book for a solid year, most likely more. I read a lot of random free ebooks, which doesn't help. I have added the information below with what I can remembered, and have endlessly searched Google. Some things may not be exact, as I have dreamt (literally) a few different sequels (as I am desperate to find one!)

random normal human girl somehow is in danger, or finds out she is (I think) a princess or fairy/pixie/elf of some type. She has a type of 'guardian' that safely delivers her or brings her to her mother. After meeting her mother, she finds out she is X and goes to a seperate castle, and meets the man she is betrothed to. It might be in a prophecy or a family oath that she needs to marry this prince.She is actually in love with this guardian person though, and I think one of the final scenes is her in a forest or outside the castle walls. In the last chapter the readers find out that the guardian is actually a long lost brother to this prince, which means he is eligible to marry her.

This is so vague and everything but I am literally at my wits end here!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33482 comments Mod
Sophie, it sounds like you're looking for a specific book title, so I moved you're request to the "Unsolved" folder. Good luck with your search!

message 3: by SparksofEmber (last edited Aug 12, 2015 12:50PM) (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments This sounds similar to another query - Sophie, do you think it sounds like the same book? Or are any of the suggestions possibilities?
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 4: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 5 comments Thank you both :)
I did have a look and I don't think it's the same, I don't believe this person had a good relationship with parents, I think they were distant. But I am almost positive it was supernatural or magic of some type, especially this guy she gets engaged to.

message 5: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments Around when did you read this book? Do you remember if it seemed older or from around that time? Any memories about the cover?

have you checked this listopia? https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2...

Maybe Switched (she has a distant relationship with her parents)

or The Faerie Path - I can't remember if she is engaged to someone aside from the guardian or not but I seem to remember she was...

message 6: by Heara-Marie (new)

Heara-Marie (heara92) | 6 comments Kinda sounds like the bookGossamerbut I'm not sure. I hope you find it though.

message 7: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 5 comments Bump, I'm still looking :(

message 8: by Anna (last edited May 14, 2017 12:15PM) (new)

Anna | 509 comments Your description made me think of Never Let You Fall (The Prophecy of Tyalbrook, #1) by Michele G. Miller Never Let You Fall but I'm not sure about the details.

message 9: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 5 comments Anna, looks close but didn't quite get there. I know that the last few pages end with this huge cliffhanger, that the one she was wanting is actually 'eligible'.

She escaped or takes a break from her engagement party, and is sitting and pondering when she finds out the news.
I'm certain one day I will found it, it's just driving me mad in the mean time!

message 10: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 4997 comments Check this thread, started by my friend Cara: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 11: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments You vetoed the suggestions in #5 & 6 above, right?

Maybe check these lists:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/3...

https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 12: by Taish (new)

Taish | 9 comments it's not the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa?

message 14: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 5 comments None of the ones above it are correct I don't think (I have found some good reading in the mean time though!)

I realised my original description isn't fantastic.
Pretty much this girl is found, discovers she is some form of supernatural and then taken to a parallel word. She has a helper or a guardian which I don't think she likes straight away, but falls in love with. I'm not sure if the journey is directly to this palace or there is a 'battle' fought in between, but she ends up being told she is betrothed as per her birthright, to a prince. She doesn't like the prince (elf/goblin etc), but it's a prophecy she must be with him. At their engagement party she goes outside for a breather and if is discovered that her guardian is actually a lost son, or somehow linked, so he can fulfill the prophecy as her love. He goes to tell her and that's when the book ends (cliffhanger)

message 15: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments I don't think this is it but just in case: Bound by Duty

Maybe: The Prophecy?

message 16: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37809 comments Mod
Sophie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?