Bo'ness Library Book Group discussion

Rivers of London (Rivers of London, #1)
This topic is about Rivers of London
Book series that have nerd sniped you away from all other books....

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (last edited Aug 12, 2015 04:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura S | 30 comments Mod
Have you ever idly picked up a book, perhaps one that has been often recommended, but you never quite got around to reading it, then, one day, bam! You pick up the first in the series and that's you, nerd sniped, forsaking all other books for the sake of devouring the series? That's what's happened to me with Ben Aaronovitch's PC Peter Grant series. The books are essentially crime, with a bit of the supernatural thrown in, (or essentially supernatural but with a bit of crime thrown in ;) )but the realism, particularly with regard to police procedure and what is it like to be a PC through the stages is superb. I've devoured the first two and a half in the series and would happily forsake all other chores just to read until the end - and thankfully there's a new one out in November, huzzah!

Which book series has nerd sniped you?

message 2: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Nicholson | 74 comments Well you have got me intrigued, sounds just like my cup of tea. Were you up all night reading then? I have not had a 'must read everything this person ever wrote'moment for a while i could do with one!

message 3: by Bo'ness (new)

Bo'ness Library Bookgroup (bonesslibrarybookgroup) | 110 comments Mod
I shall request you a copy - I recommended the first book to someone else and they are away with the Bo'ness copy. I only have one chapter left of book three, then on to number four!!

~ Laura

message 4: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Nicholson | 74 comments Thank you started reading it as a sample on my kindle, really enjoyed it. Think i read a dr who book of his.

yes, I was curious about the Dr Who stuff. Worth a read?

message 6: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Nicholson | 74 comments I did like the "Remmembrance of the Daleks", same kind of tone as the Peter Grant books.

I shall see if I can find it :)

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne Peacock | 16 comments Am about to start on the Aaronovitch series after reading your comments. I love getting hooked on a series! I am currently reading 10th Anniversary by James Paterson and Maxine Paetro. I had never heard of the Women's Murder Club series and now intend to start at the beginning with 1st to Die.

It's a quirky sort of a series :)
And, yes, Patterson sure knows how to grab folks and keep them hooked

message 10: by Anne (new)

Anne Peacock | 16 comments Definitely hooked now!