What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Suggest books for me > Romance, Chicklit or Women's Fic with MC who has chronic illness

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 14 comments Hi, I'm doing a project and I'm looking for fiction books about women with chronic illness in the romance, chick lit, and women's fiction genres. No terminal illnesses (no cancer), no short-term illnesses. They must be long-term chronic illnesses that are not cured during the course of the book.

I'm open to books where the love interest or another central character has a chronic illness, if the illness is explored at least a little during the narrative. I'm also open to books outside these genres if the MC is female and has a chronic illness.

Thanks for your help!

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 1532 comments The main character in Trailers has a chronic condition which affects her ability to walk.

The main character in The State of Me has M.E.

message 4: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 14 comments Rachel wrote: "The main character in Trailers has a chronic condition which affects her ability to walk.

The main character in The State of Me has M.E."

Thanks Rachel! I hadn't seen either of those before.

Liralen, thanks for the lists. I've browsed three of them before, but two of them are new to me :)

message 5: by Sharni (last edited Aug 14, 2015 06:39AM) (new)

Sharni (sharnibear) | 63 comments The Silver Linings Playbook deals with various mental health issues - the main character is a man tho
(Also it's quite different from the movie)

message 6: by Briar Rose (new)

Briar Rose | 14 comments I'm really looking for female MCs and those with physical chronic illnesses, but thanks for the rec Sharni.

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6981 comments Mod
Katie MacAlister has a number of her female characters with physical problems. Especially in her PNR series, The Dark Ones. Check out this series.