Christian Readers discussion

Delilah, Excuse Me!
This topic is about Delilah, Excuse Me!
Strange Women or Strange Men?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joseph Sayibu (josephsayibu) | 3 comments King Solomon warns us of an adulterous or immoral woman in Proverbs chapter 5. He calls her a "strange woman". I call her DELILAH.

1 My son, pay attention to my wisdom,
turn your ear to my words of insight,
2 that you may maintain discretion
and your lips may preserve knowledge.
3 For the lips of the adulterous woman drip honey,
and her speech is smoother than oil;
4 but in the end she is bitter as gall,
sharp as a double-edged sword.
5 Her feet go down to death;
her steps lead straight to the grave.

Is it possible there are equally strange men around, and in our churches today?
Who are more difficult to avoid, strange women or strange men?

Please post your thoughts. Thank you.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (aeongate) Is it possible? Yes. Does it actually occur? Yes. I wouldn't say that one is more difficult to avoid than the other; depending on your gender, you will be more susceptible to one or the other.

message 3: by Rod (new)

Rod Horncastle King Solomon isn't the best person to be giving advice - but in some ways He Is.

Joseph Sayibu (josephsayibu) | 3 comments Thank you Michael and Rod

message 5: by Maurice (last edited Jul 31, 2016 11:26PM) (new)

Maurice Harting | 3 comments Strange men and women could mean different things to different people ...

When a person picks his nose in Church that is considered by some as strange, but it actually should be called inappropriate.

When people claim to have healing power and can perform miracles I would call that strange for these same people are unable to walk on water.

When people claim to speak in tongues when they babble in this fake pseudo-spanish gibberish that would be strange indeed.

When using the word strange in context of behaving in a permiscuous way that would not register with the average Christian in Church as such ...

Joseph Sayibu (josephsayibu) | 3 comments Thank you, Maurice