Brantford Public Library's Online Book Club discussion

Inside the O'Briens
This topic is about Inside the O'Briens
Inside the O'Briens > Meet the rest of the FAMILY

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Brantford Public Library | 453 comments Mod
Lisa Genova is known for her incredibly genuine characters. Real people in real families dealing with real life issues and reacting in very realistic ways.

Did you find this was your experience as you got to know Rosie and their four adult children? Was it easy to relate to them? Did you become attached to them as you read?

What character did you connect with the most?

Karen (karen1278) | 428 comments I enjoy the "fire" within each character. I think Joe, Rosie, Meghan and Katie all have passion and drive, still weighing in with JJ and Patrick.
Katie is my fav so far, I'm just at the end of the chapter where she says"F--- it. Yeah, let's do it." She's decided to have the genetic testing done.

Anna (iudita) | 450 comments I connected on some level with all the characters. I thought they were so well done and I liked how they all had very distinct personalities. However I think Joe was my favourite in many ways. I loved his tough exterior and the way he feels ferociously protective of Rosie and the kids.It was difficult to watch him accept that he was powerless to fix this.