A Memory of Light (The Wheel of Time, #14) A Memory of Light discussion


73 views
I finished the Wheel of Time!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeremy (new) - added it

Jeremy Gordon A Memory of Light

LET IT BE KNOWN, that on August 11th, 2015, twenty years after I started the series, I have FINISHED the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan.

Whew.


Jacen congrats. It took me 20 years as well.


Tomas Me too :) What were your feelings after finishing it? I was satisfied. And sad. Very sad that the journey with Rand, Mat, Perrin and others ended. On the other hand, I have no intention to read it again.


Jacen I've just restarted it. I loved the length and scope of the final battle. But overall. I can say this is my favorite series of all time


Rita Gorgulho This series is older than me hahaha It took me 7 years to read it, my entire adolescence. I also think this were my favorite series of all time, although The Stormlight Archives is getting close. I don't when i'll re-read it, i might have to wait a few more years, but i definitely will ;)


Mike Mayweather The Wheel Of Time is still my favourite series. Read it a few times now. And I agree with Rita, the Stormlight Archive is fantastic. Cannot wait for book 3!


message 7: by Tomas (last edited Sep 03, 2015 04:17AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tomas Hey, I just found out that Brandon Sanderson offers signed copy of last 3 books in WoT series on his web (www.brandonsanderson.com), if someone is interested. Aside of his other books including Mistborn and Stomrlight Archive books.


message 8: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Steele WoT is an incredible work of art. I'm a very fast reader and had just retired so I read all 15 books (inc. prequel) in 2014; Started second read & now on Path of Daggers). Back in the early '70s, I read Tolkien's trilogy + The Hobbit, and became hooked on fantasy. I read Stephen Donaldson's Chronicles of Thomas Covenant as soon as each book was published. I also read Terry Brooks Sword of Shannara trilogy.
I have read most of the sci-fi classics (started with Asimov).

Robert Jordan stands apart from all other writers I've read in terms of weaving a story that includes 60+ significant characters living in a fully developed world.

Regretfully, I didn't discover his books until 2014. I picked up The Eye of the World while killing time in the O'Hare airport in Chicago. I wish I had found them before he died so I could have met him.

Does anyone know what illness claimed his life at a young age? From Google/Bing searches I was not able to find his cause of death. Since he enlisted Brandon Sanderson's help for the final three books, I figure it was cancer. At least he was able to finish the story through Sanderson.


message 9: by Tomas (last edited Nov 03, 2015 01:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tomas Bob wrote: "Does anyone know what illness claimed his life at a young age? From Google/Bing searches I was not able to find his cause of death. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_...


Jacen Bob wrote: "WoT is an incredible work of art. I'm a very fast reader and had just retired so I read all 15 books (inc. prequel) in 2014; Started second read & now on Path of Daggers). Back in the early '70s, I..."

i believe it was a form of blood cancer, but I'm not sure. It was a few years ago that I read it.


message 11: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Steele Tomas wrote: "Bob wrote: "Does anyone know what illness claimed his life at a young age? From Google/Bing searches I was not able to find his cause of death. "
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_..."


Thanks, Tomas. I wasn't aware he was using a pen name.


message 12: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob Steele Jacen wrote: "Bob wrote: "WoT is an incredible work of art. I'm a very fast reader and had just retired so I read all 15 books (inc. prequel) in 2014; Started second read & now on Path of Daggers). Back in the e..."

Thanks, Jacen


aPriL does feral sometimes I finished it 30 minutes ago. I'm sad. I'm glad, too.

I really really enjoyed this series.


message 14: by Ryan (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ryan M Jeremy wrote: "A Memory of Light

LET IT BE KNOWN, that on August 11th, 2015, twenty years after I started the series, I have FINISHED the Wheel of Time Series by Robert Jordan.

Whew."


LOL, It was bittersweet when I finished the series, which was in September of 2015, it also took me 20 yrs! So Congratulations!


back to top