Making Connections discussion

Destinee (Destinee #1)
This topic is about Destinee
ARCHIVES > Seeking advice/opinion on my blurbs and misc

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (last edited Aug 13, 2015 02:53AM) (new)

Lisa Marbly-Warir | 16 comments Hi everyone. I published my first novella earlier this year and with a combination of free book giveaways and sales maybe about 600 or so books have been downloaded or sold in e books and paperback form. Most of the 600 have been free books-100 plus in sales (mostly me selling personally). I don't think that is a good number.

I've been thinking of changing up my blurb, maybe it might have more people interested in my book. Or perhaps I just haven't tapped into my niche market/target audience. As I told a lady at one of the stores where I have my books. People IRL tell me how much they love my book (these aren't all family and friends either, but coworkers, friend of coworkers and even a few strangers ie word of mouth and so forth) but that interest isn't translating into real sales online and I need to pinpoint why.

Please check out the blurb on my other book as well. Two become one: A Destinee romance sequel.

If you know how to research your target audience, please share with us.

Thanx in advance.

**update** I changed my blurb will see if this helps.

message 2: by V.W. (new)

V.W. Singer | 36 comments If you're talking about the blurb that begins "DESTINEE, is a small town girl ...", I think it tries to tell to much and doesn't tease enough. The blurb is supposed to intrigue and stimulate interest, not summarise the book. For a start, take out most of the names.

As for target audience, GR is full of groups devoted to every genre known to man. Find the biggest and most active ones and join them. DO NOT start promoting your book. Make friends, talk about books, plots, and characters. Eventually you will be able to talk about the kind of story you tell and develop some natural interest in your books.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Marbly-Warir | 16 comments Thanks for the tip and i know not to randomly promote my book. I've read enough about authors becoming nuisances bc of that and that is the last thing i want to be.

message 4: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 785 comments Lisa wrote: "Hi everyone. I published my first novella earlier this year and with a combination of free book giveaways and sales maybe about 600 or so books have been downloaded or sold in e books and paperback..."

First off, congrats on getting that many downloads as I find it to be quite impressive! Also the fact that you have your books in stores also means your one step ahead of most who have a hard time in doing so. I don't have any eye popping advice or tips but I wanted to say that I know how it feels to try and get on'es book out there to try and get acknowledgment for it. As of right now I am going from website to website trying to find appropriate places to market my book without trying to spam of course. The best thing to do is take it slow and do what works for you and don't force yourself to promote and market. Which ever places or things work stick with it and then slowly make a transition to something else and give it a shot, that;s what I'm trying.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Marbly-Warir | 16 comments Justin wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Hi everyone. I published my first novella earlier this year and with a combination of free book giveaways and sales maybe about 600 or so books have been downloaded or sold in e books ..."

Sorry Justin I just discovered your response today. Thanks for the congrats and I hope all is well with your endeavors thus far. Since posting my original question I've since changed the blurb, but I plan to work with different ones until it strikes a chord with potential readers. Thanx again for your response.