All the Books! discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive - Other > Unfinished books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
This happens to be often - I start a book and I just can't focus on it.

Do you ever pick up the book again or leave it unread?

message 2: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I usually first try to change my format (if reading switch to audio or vice versa) if that still doesn't work I will most likely leave it down however I have been know to go back and give it another shot once I am in a different frame of mind. I had a series that I just couldn't focus on but when I went back to it a year later I LOVED it and couldn't put it down.

message 3: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited Aug 11, 2015 09:32AM) (new)

Sara | 3861 comments Mod
I'm kinda the same way - Most of the time I don't pick it up unless I decided to read it a lot later and maybe even in a buddy read (it's a good push that I often need for these). But I do the same thing, I try to change the format in which I read it to see if that will change my mind. I currently have a handful of books I haven't touched in years.

message 4: by Trina (new)

Trina Collins (duskvamp) | 234 comments I hate to leave a book unfinished it's 1 of my OCD issues only time I will stop the book is if it is part of a series and I don't have the prior books in the series, which means I have to get the prior books read then I pick the book back up :)

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) I give a book 100 pages to catch my interest. If it can't, I let it go and choose another.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.