All the Books! discussion

Archive - Other > Book Cover

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Do book covers draw you in? How important is a book's cover when choosing a book?

message 2: by Trina (new)

Trina Collins (duskvamp) The covers do draw me in but isn't most important when choosing next book to read

message 3: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I agree - it won't completely deter me, but if a book cover catches my eye I get excited and immediately read the synopsis.

message 4: by Crissy (new)

Crissy (cwilson21) I don't like to think that I take the cover into account when choosing a book to read but I definitely do. Colorful and creative covers draw me in enough to read the synopsis at the very least. I also tend to avoid covers with half naked, muscly men lol

message 5: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments If I don't like the cover I will not even pick up the book to read the synopsis. Cover is huge for me.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Yes. The cover helps catch my eye, and draw me in enough to read the synopsis.

message 7: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I think about this every time I get my bookbub email - I completely fly right through the email if the book cover doesn't catch my eye.

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
There's a game you can play... http://playjudgey.com/

This game will allow you to actually judge a book by it's cover!

message 9: by Brandy (new)

Brandy | 2535 comments I do like judging by the cover. I may need to play!

message 10: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments I'm very superficial. Pretty books get me every time lol

message 11: by Esther (new)

Esther Jackson (ejjackson) When I look at a book the first thing I look at is the cover. Also when you take the safety cover off if the actual book is pretty I am down.

message 12: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Speaking of...has anyone seen Leigh Bardugo's new book, The Language of Thorns? Swoooooon, it's so freaking beautiful!

message 13: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
What!? Omg is this part of the Shadow and Bone Series?

message 14: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments It's set in the Grishaverse but it's a collection of short stories!

message 15: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Looks like three of them I've already read and there's 2 or 3 new ones. Ehh I liked em so much I'd read the whole thing.

message 16: by Lindsay (new)

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments It's worth it just to look at it even haha

The whole book is illustrated and it's just. SO. PRETTY.

message 17: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Oh wow, even better!

message 18: by Esther (new)

Esther Jackson (ejjackson) Book covers are very important to me. I mean I will read a book that a friend or family member recommend to me but if I am picking them out myself it is very important.

message 19: by Esther (new)

Esther Jackson (ejjackson) Lindsay wrote: "Speaking of...has anyone seen Leigh Bardugo's new book, The Language of Thorns? Swoooooon, it's so freaking beautiful!"

I bought it and looked through it. It is literally the most beautiful book I have ever seen. Did you know that every story only uses three different colors? Yea I went to see the author when it came out and that is what she said. It was to bring down the money cost.

message 20: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new)

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I can't wait to read it!