Adult Summer Reading 2015 > To Be Read Calculator

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Annie Lee (new)

Annie Lee Phillips (annieleephillips) | 1157 comments Mod
http://www.readitforward.com/tbr-time/

I got one year - sigh.

message 2: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (lyk2read) | 11 comments 2 years.... (verrryy long sigh).... and that's if no more are added to the "TBR" pile (highly unlikely).
:-O

message 3: by Heather (new)

Heather (hleith) 5 years 4 months to read 544 books. That's so IF I don't add WAY more.

message 4: by Janet (new)

Janet Morris (janersm) | 1 comments 208 years. I really need to take some of those books off my list.

message 5: by Annie Lee (new)

Such are the problems of us book lovers! If you knew you could only read one more book ever in your life, what would it be? Would it be one you have yet to read, or a repeat?

message 6: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Campbell | 14 comments Mod
3 years, 7 months. Yikes!

Wow, Annie, that's a tough question. I think if I could only read one more book it would be David Foster Wallace's Infinite Jest. It's a giant book that would take considerable time to read. I've started it twice, but haven't been able to devote the necessary time and attention without itching to start something from my to-read list. It's a difficult read, so I would have a wealth of vocabulary and topics to research for several years.

message 7: by Heather (new)

Heather (hleith) the one book question is HARD!!

message 8: by Annie Lee (new)

I know, that was kind of evil of me, wasn't it? I think my pick would be the collected short stories of Ray Bradbury.

message 9: by Jim (new)

Jim (jkmfilms) | 32 comments Only 6 years. But that's only if I can keep up my current rate. Which will be extremely difficult. And, as Heather and Kathy mentioned, if I don't add any more.

message 10: by Heather (new)

Heather (hleith) and I've already added more lol

message 11: by Heather (new)

Heather (dragonflymornings) | 25 comments 7 years 9 months.

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather (dragonflymornings) | 25 comments One book? Not to sound prudish, but it'd be my Bible. It's a constant source of encouragement and inspiration. If Bibles were a given, something inspiring and non-fiction like Now Opportunity Wasted. Fun question Annie!

message 13: by Kathy (last edited Sep 02, 2015 03:04AM) (new)

Kathy (lyk2read) | 11 comments Darn it. I just scrolled through the bookself for Adult Summer Reading 2015 to see what others have been reading.... and more books leapt onto my "to be read" stack. Several more have crept on after reviews I read in my MMM Goodreads group. And then my Dad and my endodontist (both also bookworms) recommended a few more this week. So the "how long it will take me to read all of these" estimate is definitely an evanescent, moving target.

message 14: by Annie Lee (new)

Heather wrote: "One book? Not to sound prudish, but it'd be my Bible. It's a constant source of encouragement and inspiration. If Bibles were a given, something inspiring and non-fiction like Now Opportunity Waste..."

Meant to reply sooner - that is a very good pick in my opinion!

message 15: by Annie Lee (new)

Kathy wrote: "Darn it. I just scrolled through the bookself for Adult Summer Reading 2015 to see what others have been reading.... and more books leapt onto my "to be read" stack. Several more have crept on aft..."

Mine as well - I just added a few more today looking at all of the fall book lists!