Detailed Roleplayers discussion

1x1 > Stargirl's Mom

Comments Showing 1-50 of 2,556 (2556 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 52

message 1: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments Hey

message 2: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Hi :) So when you said you wanted to do sci-fi, did you have a plot in mind? You didn't really specify so I wasn't sure

message 3: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments Not really. I'm open to ideas. Any?

message 4: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Let's see...

I've always wanted to do a type of parallel universe thing. We'd need to work out details about that to figure out how to work a plot into that idea (maybe like an assassin or something?).

OR

Maybe something to do with time travel? Genetic engineering?

Just a few ideas, though it will only work out if we come up with a good plotline :)

message 5: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments Why not a mix of both? ;)

message 6: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Okay... but how?

What is we sort of used the idea in the Edge of Tomorrow, where every time he dies he wakes up in the same day... except instead of waking up in the same day, he/she/they wake up in a parallel universe.

So maybe an agent has some top secret information and the assasin is hired to kill the person. Maybe the agent gets killed but then finds himself/herself in the parallel world, but instead of being the agent, he/she is actually the assasin?

And then when the assassin (who's the agent in the parallel world dies), a new parallel world is created?

I don't really know the logistics... I'm just trying to brainstorm a few ideas where we can actually roleplay for a while, you know?

message 7: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) OR

we could do something where a scientist has a bunch of experiments (maybe similar to Max Ride), the experiments could escape--those that get caught by other companies are "tortured" and those that manage to stay alive have to try and rescue the others. They don't have to have superpowers, maybe they could be the cure for cancer or some other deadly plague.

Just throwing ideas out there :)

message 8: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments OR

Humans, Alien race A and Alien race B. Humans encountered the first aliens in 2050, ARA. Humans now lived on a spaceship with planet-like attributes. Of course, humans had prepared for war, but tried peace talks all the same. A peace treaty was made, and for two decades, the two very different intelligent species lived in harmony, trading and such.

Thing is, ARA had been kidnapping humans for experiments. They knew the humans would never willingly give one of their own kin to them for experiments, so they took Dude by force along with a dozen others. (We can make up their agenda for it together)

ARB came into picture after those two decades. ARA and ARB previously had an all out war against each other, and currently hates each other's guts. The moment ARA found out that ARB was back, they spread propaganda. Painted ARB in a bad picture. Shone a dark light upon them. With that, they banded together and was ready to fend off the ARB.

ARB realised that they couldn't possibly win when both Humans and ARA banded together, not only by their combined technology, but also by their sheer number. For months, ARB had been working in the shadows, trying to find a weak spot in their enemy and it's friend. That was when their spies discovered about the experiments.

ARB saw the opportunity in this new discovery. They found out that humans had been taken against their will for this experiment of theirs. They planned. They schemed. They made it their mission to turn the two of them against each other. Maybe, hopefully, the humans would band with ARB instead and destroy ARA once and for all.

Btw when I say ARA and ARB and humans, pls read it in context. Sometimes I refer to the respective races' government, sometimes their people. I have a plan as to how our charries will come into picture, but I'd like to know your opinions and your plans for our charries. If we go with this plot. Idk, I'm just trying to be just as helpful.

message 9: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) wow, I feel like an idiot compared to you. Your idea is definitely much better and well thought out O.o (not to make an excuse but I'm a med student, so half my thoughts are usually anatomy and physiology, which makes it hard to come up with actually interesting writing ideas *nervous laugh*) I'd love to do this one! And in this, we can also play multiple characters, which should be really fun!

Maybe a reporter from ARB is hired to find as much information about the experiments as possible. Obviously the humans would have to notice that so many of their people had just vanished, so how was it being covered up? (Maybe the gov't actually knew because it was the only way ARA and the humans could live peacefully--the deal of course, being a secret, so that the Humans could have the alien technology. It was a small price to pay)

Maybe an alien from ARA, a scientist that was experimenting on the humans, started to realize how awful the experiments were and that maybe he/she shouldn't be doing this. He/she could secretly be working with the experiments to try and help them escape without blowing his/her cover.

I think this would be interesting, since we could have all the different perspectives, be "good" and "evil", and I feel like we could definitely add tons of drama and excitement! Lots of new discoveries, experiments gone wrong, violence, 'politics', and secrets...

message 10: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments Definitely! U just made me realise that in one idea, we can have many rps, all from diff perspectives. The rp will then never end lol.

Idk I'm not exactly comfy of having a few main charries. I like to focus on one, but I'll happily play a seconds to make the story make sense. How's that sound?

I'll leave you to decide which path we are gonna take =)

message 11: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) I understand :) We can stick to one character each but to move the plot along we can have small side characters, to bring a different perspective into things every once in a while.

Do you prefer long character chart things or short ones? (or none at all and jump right in, whatever floats your boat :) )

Also, would you mind starting once we do make characters? I like to base my first post after the creator of the idea :P

message 12: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments What no no no ladies first =P

I'm fine with just jumping in. Just gimme her name, age, appearance. Thats all. I can get to know her thru rp.

message 13: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Fine by me I guess :)

Name: Ariana Lawrence
Appearance: Average height, a bit underweight, naturally tanned skin, hazel colored eyes, dark hair usually in a ponytail. Usually seen wearing bootcut jeans and a t shirt, or a sweatshirt and shorts.

message 14: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((So which perpective are we doing?))

Name: Aaron Chin
Appearance: Standing at 6 feet, he had short jet black hair and dark brown eyes. Clean-shaven beard. Broad shoulders. His built was firm and slim.

message 15: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((Could we do the experimenting scientist one? I want to try and write a tortured mind/body if that's alright with you))

message 16: by Your Mom (last edited Aug 12, 2015 11:08AM) (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments So u're the tortured, and I'm the torturer?

message 17: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) If that's alright? But if you'd like to do a different one, I'm flexible! :)

message 18: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments Should be fine. Start!

message 19: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Ariana Lawrence had had everything planned out. She was going to graduate the top of the class, go straight to med school and become a pediatrician. She was even planning to take one year off and travel around the Galaxy (as that was now a possibility, what with The Humans' alliance with that Alien group she couldn't even begin to pronounce the name of). She was smart, and she was proud of it.

But she clearly wasn't smart enough to know that these Aliens, despite the alliance, were nothing but awful. And of course--of freaking course-- the only way she knew they were awful was because she'd been kidnapped--or was it adultnapped?-- by those creatures. She didn't actually know it was the aliens, since she's been blindfolded and sedated
Almost immediately, but she had a gut feeling. If anything, it was because of all those alien movies from her childhood. Weren't those proof enough that aliens were always the bad guys?

Now here she was, trapped in the darkness. Her hands were tied behind her back for so long that the tingling sensation had become a comfort. At least with that, she knew she wasn't dreaming. Obviously, she'd screamed for help and tried frantically to untie her at first, but that had been many many hours ago. Now she had to preserve what little energy she had left.

What were they going to do to her anyway? Her mind races with millions of possibilities (from being pregnant with an alien baby to being killed in an alien version of the hunger games) but she was running out of ideas. How long had she been in here? Was she being left here to die? What had she done that had told everyone around her that she was the perfect person to be taken?

message 20: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((Wait, am I an alien or can I b a human being who had been forced to work for them?))

message 21: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((Whatever you want! :) you do whatever I like to improvise haha))

message 22: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments "Arthur McOwen?" came the croaky voice of his boss. Arthur jumped in fright and whirled around to come face to belly of the humongous alien. He looked up expectantly for the alien to continue. "Saya mahu kau ni cuba kita punya ubat X-196 yang baharu pada perempuan yang kita baru tangkap. Membolehkan and mengubahsuaikanlah ubat tersebut supaya dapat digunakan padanya. Faham ke tidak?" His boss then passed him a file containing her details.

Arthur blinked and tried his damnest to understand every word he was saying as he accepted the file. He still wasn't fluent with the Rour'icoul's language yet, and that problem has begun to become a pain in the ass. Especially after his capture, after being forced to work for Ali, the alien standing right in front of him. For a brief moment, he even hated himself for trying so hard. He was amongst the sharpest tool in the scientific department, and for that he has been rewarded with slavery.

Well, technically it's slavery. He got his own room, which was quite spacious and nice. All the food on this small starship was available for his consumption, and alien food was surprisingly good. He got to wander and go about his own business. The only drawback was that he had always had to complete his work by a due date. Not just any work, but work against his own kin. Work that only he could carry out most efficiently as the aliens still barely know much about humans. Work that... most times end up damaging it's human subjects either beyond repair or killing them.

Arthur's eyes widened considerably as he registered his words. The goal of the formula he was asked to use allow the speed of transmission of nerve impulses to increase by more than 100%, which made the human-subject twice as fast as they previously was. It also manipulates the hormones of the human subject in a way that allowed his or her body to perform just as fast. Of course, the brain works at it's normal speed, so that was the huge glitch the new formula was supposed to overcome. To make even the brain process double it's speed.

Arthur simply nodded curtly. It was not as if he could put up much of an argument. Even if he did, it would be to no avail. Turning on his heels, he set off in the direction of his laboratory. After half an hour of preparation, he brought his tools over to where he the file said they kept the new girl.

She was in Containment 5, a room the size of a classroom with one-sided reinforced tampered crystal glass that made up all it's four walls and it's roof, with a metal chair that was bolted to the ground as it's only furniture. The container was in the middle of a well-lit atrium big enough for a dozen scientists to do their work. But for now, he was alone with this test subject. He quickly set up his apparatus on a table in the atrium, before pulling out a gas tank that was connected to a breathing mask, much like the oxygen tanks divers used. The big difference here was that this one contained the formula to superhuman speed.

Just as he was hefting it into the container room the girl was sitting in through the sliding glass, his boss joined him. "Arthur, bang, berdirilah di hadapan perempuan ini," his boss said as he moved behind the girl. Arthur, puzzled, did as he was told and moved to stand in front of the blindfolded girl. She looked to be alert, which meant she had already woken up since being sedated. She was probably pretty, but he couldn't be sure with the blindfold on her. He wondered why she hasn't made a sound although she wasn't gagged. The only thing stopping her from moving freely was the bind she had around her wrist that connected with the back of the chair.

Arthur looked at his boss, and his boss stared back at him for what must be a full minute. Then suddenly, Ulag's hand shot up and stabbed the girl in the side of the neck with a syringe. He pushed in the piston until it's pink contents were emptied into her veins. That was when Arthur caught what was labeled on the syringe, and his face frowned further in confusion. L-66 was scribbled across the surface of the syringe.

L-66 was a serum that a colleague of his had recently developed. The serum was supposedly meant to stimulate the Amygdala, hence stimulating fear, anger, sexual desire or love. Somehow, his colleague was able to make the fear and anger part completely shut down for a moment. The Hypothalamus was supposed to run rampant for a moment, causing the remaining two emotions to go into overdrive. Although the direct effects only lasted a minute, the subject's subconscious will permanently imprint the first person they saw after they were exposed to the serum as 'The One'. It was a working aphrodisiac.

Thing was, Arthur didn't know what it did. He only knew as far as the fact that it was his colleague that developed it. Completely oblivious to it's effects, he simply stood there directly in front of the sitted girl with a confused look plastered across his face. Ulag waited for another full minute, knowing that the serum took time for it to reach the brain. Only then did he quickly pull the blindfold off the girl's head, once again allowing her to open her eyes.

message 23: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((Okay I had no idea I was writing a story. Sorry XD))

message 24: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Ariana was probably in the room for about ten more minutes before she heard the sound of footsteps. Had the door opened? Was there even a door? Stop. Focus on the footsteps. How many aliens are in the room? she told herself, hearing footsteps a few feet away and staying quiet. She needed to preserve her energy. She had to wait until the stupid blindfold was removed.

She could hear some kind of machine being moved towards her and towards her right she could hear something being placed on what she assumed was a table. Could she use that as a weapon? Did the aliens have weapons? She needed to stay hopeful. okay so no weapons. I have the advantage. I'm compliant. They won't expect me to have any energy to try and fight.

She stifled a gasp when she heard a creepy, croaky voice from behind her. So there was an alien. Were they preparing her to eat?! What was he saying? She should have taken the optional alien language classes, now she had no idea what it was even talking about. The only word she even understood was 'Arthur'. But that was a name, there was no way a human could be involved with this! Maybe the aliens had pronounceable names and Arthur was an alien.

She stayed still, not wanting to give any reaction, though she wanted to yell and throw them off, she knew it wouldn't help. It would probably bring her to her fate quicker. They were keeping her awake and alive for a reason. She had to believe that she had time.

She gasped and but the inside of her cheek as she felt something stab her on the side of her neck. The pain only lasted a second, but she had no idea what it was supposed to do. "What..." She whispered before she felt her heart race and the butterflies in her stomach start to soar. Before she could even complete her thought, her mind went blank and her whole body seemed to do exactly the opposite of what she would have wanted before. Everything felt calm and she felt like she had felt that one time in high school when Jack Hart took her to his house after prom. But of course, she didn't even think about how that wasn't a good thing. All she could do was sigh as the blindfold was removed.

She blinked as her eyes adjusted to the light and then froze when she noticed a stranger in front of her. Her heart slowed down and she stared at the obviously human being in front of her. He was about half a foot taller than her and he was... Beautiful. "Mmmmm," she bit her lip as she stared into Arthur's dark eyes.

message 25: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((Don't apologize! It was awesome! I'm striving to be as good of a writer as you! I really like the challenge))

message 26: by Your Mom (last edited Aug 15, 2015 07:40AM) (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((Well if u really wanted to beat the challenge, u just missed 4 paragraphs. XD Also fyi I am actually using an existent human language as the alien language in question XD))

Arthur's eyes flicked towards the girl when he heard an audible sound come through her lips. He studied her for a moment. She was indeed pretty, and it took him a moment to realise that she was staring right back into his eyes. And she was biting her lip. His gaze went back up to the alien standing right behind her and arched an inquisitive brow, wondering what he injected her with. Normally, the human subjects he worked with would have started to either rant about how they had a family or how they would sure have their revenge on them, struggling in their bonds to escape but to no avail. This one though, she just looked at him with what seemed like dilated pupils.

"Saphdy picoshon," Ulag slowly pronounced, attempting to speak English obviously for the benefit of the girl sitted in front of him. Arthur got even more confused for a moment, until he realised that he was trying to say 'safety precaution'. Confused, he looked back down at the girl. Maybe the drug he injected her with would simply make her more compliant and cooperative. She sure as heck didn't seem like she wanted to tear their necks apart at the moment. For both their goods, he also hoped that didn't screw up with her biological system to such a point that his serum would fail miserably.

Ulag moved away from the girl and headed towards the exit with the girl not seeming to notice his going as she stared back up at Arthur. "Saya akan menghantar Andy untuk berkerja dengan kau. Dialah yang telah menghasilkan ubat yang saya baru mengguna. Selamat berjaya!" And with that, hiis boss was out the door.

The room lapsed into silence save for his own breathing and the girl's slightly heavier one. He turned his attention back to her, and guilt suddenly washed over him, threatened to consume him. He hated it whenever that happened, and it never failed to happen when he was about to experiment on his own kin. Although, if the experiment worked, the human subject would be superhuman. Although there was a 95% chance of failure based on statistics.

He steeled his resolve, before hefting the gas tank closer to the girl until it rested right next to her. Pulling up the gas mask, he covered her face without another word. He secured it to her face and began the process, releasing the serum into her respiratory system as she inhaled the chemicals into her body.

message 27: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((Malay. So cool! Also, yeah I'm trying to work on the whole writing more thing... so that's what I meant by challenge :P It would be hard to beat you! :) ))

Her brain had finally decided to work, though it was sluggish and she couldn't think straight. Her eyes were trained on the man in front of her, and she barely heard what the alien was saying, since she doubted she would understand it in the first place. Ariana sat there, shivering slightly as the alien moved from behind her, even though her eyes were fixed on the man.

Nothing could stop her from staring. If she was in her right mind, she would have been fighting. She would have screamed and fought as hard as she could. SHe would rather have died than go through whatever this man was going to do to her. Now, however, she felt calm. She felt...happy.

As the alien finally left the room, she noticed a slight change in the man's expressions, but she ignored it. Her body betrayed any reason and she offered a small smile to the man just as he turned to grab the machine she had heard earlier. She watched him bring the machine towards her silently.

Oh, he's strong too. She thought, blinking a bit in confusion. Why were these thoughts coming to her? What was going on? Better yet, why was she allowing him to pull a mask over her face? But as soon as she breathed in the chemicals, all those thoughts vanished again.

At first, she didn't feel anything. Then, after a minute, her whole body felt like it was on fire. It was as if her blood had been replaced with lava. Her blood pressure dropped and she squeezed her eyes shut, unable to scream. Tears streamed down her face. Her hands were tied too tightly and as she struggled, the rope ripped some of her skin, causing her to bleed. A blaring red flashing alarm rang in her mind, telling her body to fight--or shut down. And after another agonizing minute, her body did exactly that. Just as quickly as the pain came, everything was gone in a flash.

Her body relaxed, her breathing and heart rate went back to normal, and her eyes flickered back open. Of course, the injection from before had worn off, and her fear and anger were back (though she was still imprinted on the man). She stared at the man with wide eyes, but they weren't as kind as before.

((You did say the direct effects wore off after a minute, so I'm assuming she has her normal personality back, but she's still going to be compliant with him, since she's imprinted on him, correct?))

message 28: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((Wait, how'd u know it's malay? U searched it up in google or something? And I'mma slow down a bit since they're now interacting with each other. Gives you a chance to rp her actions between what he's doing before the story progresses too far XD))

Arthur was crouched by her as the minutes passed and the chemicals were breathed in. He watched her for a moment, and was just about able to appreciate her good-looks before she started thrashing about in her seat. The muscles of her arms strained as they attempted to pull away from the binds that held them behind her. After a moment of fighting against her bonds, her movements changed in nature.

She was now convulsing in her chair. Arthur watched in horror, standing barely two feet away from her as her body shook in the chair. Blood ran from her hands from the pressure that was being exerted on them. He felt an icy prick ran up on his spine, knowing that he was entirely responsible for whatever was going through her right now. He glanced down at the metre that he held in his hand, only to see that the chemicals had already been completely exhausted.

She suddenly calmed her movements, a moment ago making it impossible for any human being to think she could ever do that again. Her chest expanded at a more steady pace. Just as he was about to move forward to check on her pulse to make sure, her head turned to her right and she glared at him, fury burning behind her eyes.

Yeap. She was very much alive.

He quickly pulled the gas mask off her face after waiting for another 10 seconds to make sure she breathed everything in. With an apologetic look, he quickly hefted the machine back out of the containment room. Striding over to the controls, he pushed a button and the glass wall started to move back into place and secure itself, leaving her in the room still strapped tightly to the bolted metal chair. At least her blindfold and gag has been removed... he thought himself bitterly in attempt to stifle his guilt.

He grabbed a clipboard and quickly added some notes to his prepared report, jotting down his observations from the moment the alien injected her. How she looked at him weirdly; how she showed no signs of struggle; how she started fighting her bonds only after her started the procedure; how she her sense of her surroundings still seemed at it's optimal function when she turned to him with anger.

When he was done, he walked back over to the control system and pushed another button, before pulling a lever that made the glass wall directly in front of her to turn from opaque to completely transparent. Almost as if nothing was there. It also made it so that the wall allowed sound to transmit through it flawlessly. He moved to stand three feet in front of the glass wall and looked at her. "Can you hear me?" he spoke loudly, not bothering to wait for Andy to start the observations.

((I guess so. Be creative. I mean, she can still retaliate and all that, get pissed at him like any other human being, much like how two very loving couples can still get into an ugly fight. But subconsciously, she'd want him deeply. idk if u wanna make it so that she loved him deeply, or lusted for him deeply, or both subconsciously. Ur charrie, ur choice XD))

message 29: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((Okay that was not my definition of slowing down lol. Accidentally did it yet again haha))

message 30: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((hahahah alright. And yes, google is my best friend. I only found out after you told me it was an actual language though :P Do you actually speak malay or did you also translate?))

Ariana watched angrily as the man--that stupid, beautiful, AWFUL man-- pulled off her mask and then walked away as if he hadn't just put god knows what into her body and almost killed her. But he didn't kill you... she thought, feeling the butterflies in her stomach again.

She looked around the room and made a mental note about all the items in the room. It looked like the only way to escape was through the door he had taken, and she had a feeling she would never make it out alive if she tried. Her eyes narrowed when the wall to her side went transparent and the man stood there as if he hadn't left the room.

No. He definitely left the room. He's behind a really cool glass. What I would pay to have that back home She thought before looking away. He'd tortured her! She winced lightly, feeling her wrists sting from her struggle earlier. The blood had dried but every time she moved, it stung.

She gritted her teeth as he spoke to her as if she were some kind of lab rat. She wasn't going to give him the satisfaction. They had done something to her, and she had to hold on to the hope that whatever it was, it was important enough for her to not be killed.

All she wanted was to have her hands free... and maybe some water would be nice too. She didn't look at the man and didn't respond to his question, biting her lip to keep from groaning as she struggled against the rope. She would figure this stupid knot out.

message 31: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((I know 5 languages, malay amongst them. =) ))

He noticed her struggling against her bonds once again. Arthur watched as her eyes were wide and alert, but for whatever reason, chose to ignore him. Frowning, he quickly jolted something onto the piece of paper on his clipboard. When he looked back up, she was still struggling. He could tell that she was immense pain, although it would seem that she was the one putting herself in her misery.

Guilt still rode through him. He pursed in lips, suddenly indecisive. Standard procedure was to make her stay in her seat for at least one hour, before allowing the human subject to roam freely inside the glass containment. He gritted his teeth as he thought for a second, debating with himself. Mentality versus emotions and morality. After what seemed to be forever, he decided to keep her tied for at least another ten minutes before letting her roam. He knew all too well how it felt like to be hopelessly tied to a chair. He experienced that first hand.

Sighing, he continued with his notes for just a moment longer before studying her again. "Can you hear me?" he asked. Before she had the chance to respond, he quickly continued with his other questions. "Can you see me? How do you feel? Do you remember who you are?" He knew he probably won't get any question answered unless they got something in return. Everybody else before her had been the same. "I will free you of your bonds if you are able to answer all my questions. I promise."

message 32: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((There! I managed to slow down!))

message 33: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((That is so cool! What other languages do you know?))

Ariana sighed as the man finally seemed to have a heart. She turned towards him,"And I can trust your stupid promises because...?" she retorted angrily. She narrowed her eyes at him and scoot towards the window, despite all the pain she felt as she pulled the chair along with her.

"How can you do this to your own freakin' people?!" she yelled angrily. "Did they remove your mind and replace it with one of theirs? Why do you think I will tell you anything? Why do you think I'll cooperate with you?" she stopped as her voice weakened. She'd forgotten that she hadn't had anything to drink since she'd gotten here. Her voice was gone for the time being, especially because she'd screamed so much earlier. Pity, she had a few more choice words for the coward behind the glass.

She gasped in pain as her wrists rubbed against the rope again. Even without all the medical education, she knew that would leave a nasty scar. And if she didn't get it cleaned soon, it would get infected. How good that would be, if she dies from infection before they could poison her with even more of their stupid potions.

message 34: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((English, Malay, Mandarin, German and Cantonese. Btw the chair was supposed to be bolted to the ground but nvm XD))

Arthur studied her reactions for a moment, determined not to let her get at his guilt. He noted her reactions and when he looked back up at her, he tried his damnest to put on a poker face. "I would take that as you're feeling fine despite the anger," he muttered with a sigh.

Giving up, he went over to the controls to start releasing the chemicals into the containment room that will immediately decompose her binds, letting her free. "There. I honoured my part of the deal. Now could you please answer my questions?" he asked as politely as he could and forced his most charming smile to surface.

((On my phone. Sorry if its short))

message 35: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((Oh. Oops. Sorry about the chair thing haha.
Wow so many languages. That's amazing. Did you know them from birth/childhood or learn them? I myself only know English and Urdu. :) I'm trying to learn Spanish as well ))

message 36: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Ariana watched with triumph as he released her, grimacing as she slowly brought her arms back to their normal position, a whimper escaping her as she tentatively touched the wounds.

She was going to make some snappy comment but her mouth was too dry to speak. Even worse, she made the mistake of looking up at him. Any anger immediately faded when she saw the smile. "Oh," she said, her voice coarse and barely audible. Her cheeks flushed and she quickly looked away, unable to understand what had overcome her.

These feelings felt so... Wrong. Not just because he was a traitor to all humans, but because she'd only just met him. What was wrong with her?!

She avoided his gaze and mouthed the word,"water." Fine. If he wanted compliance, she would have to comply. It seemed to be getting worse either way.

message 37: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Ariana watched with triumph as he released her, grimacing as she slowly brought her arms back to their normal position, a whimper escaping her as she tentatively touched the wounds.

She was going to make some snappy comment but her mouth was too dry to speak. Even worse, she made the mistake of looking up at him. Any anger immediately faded when she saw the smile. "Oh," she said, her voice coarse and barely audible. Her cheeks flushed and she quickly looked away, unable to understand what had overcome her.

These feelings felt so... Wrong. Not just because he was a traitor to all humans, but because she'd only just met him. What was wrong with her?!

She avoided his gaze and mouthed the word,"water." Fine. If he wanted compliance, she would have to comply. It seemed to be getting worse either way.

message 38: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments "Interesting..." someone spoke up from behind him. Arthur almost jumped out of his skin and whirled around to see a thoughtful Andy had crept up behind him and had also been watching the girl.

Arthur frowned at him, but his annoyance with him turned to curiosity. "What is?" he asked. "I saw the boss inject your L-66 into her. What was that all about?" he continued softly as to hopefully keep it from her, scrutinising his colleague for a moment. When he didn't get an immediate answer, he walked away and back to the control panel. Once again he pushed a combination of buttons, and the glass wall that was transparent had a little hole opened at the bottom.

"I can't tell you," Andy finally spoke up. "If I did, it will affect the results of my own observation, too." Andy turned to look as Arthur walked to another side of the room to get their human subject a metal cup of water. "And don't worry," he continued in a whisper when Arthur reached his side again. "It doesn't mess up with her body chemistry much. The effects normally wear off after a minute."

Arthur scowled at him. "What, now there are two experiments being tested on one human subject? And you can't even tell me what exactly your serum did? How will I know if it affects MY results after allowing her to inhale X-196?" He paused. "If it only lasted for a minute or so, you missed your chance. it's been more than ten minutes." Without waiting for a response, he walked up to the hole in the glass wall and pushed the metal cup across the floor. "Here."

Andy quickly walked up to him and whispered. "Smile again."

"What? Why?" Arthur's head snapped to look at him over his shoulder.

"Just do it! And make sure it's a smile of sin."

"You mean a flir-" Arthur was cut off.

"Do it!"

Arthur rolled his eyes at him and looked back up at the girl, smiling as flirtatiously as someone who was riddled by guilt can.

message 39: by Your Mom (last edited Aug 15, 2015 09:26PM) (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((Oh I knew English and Malay and Mandarin from the very start. Cantonese was something I developed after hearing my parents use it enough with my grnadmother. German is a language I took in secondary school.

And you should definitely pick up Mandarin!

Urdu? Never heard of it. Where are you from?))

message 40: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((That's really interesting! I wish I had such diverse languages spoken around me when I was a kid. I am from the U.S. But my parents are from Pakistan. Urdu is pretty similar to Hindi which is what's spoken in Bollywood movies :P))

message 41: by Your Mom (last edited Aug 15, 2015 11:10PM) (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((STAY ON AND RP WITH ME! I'm so bored...

You mean Tamil?))

message 42: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Ariana glanced up as she saw another man, frowning in concentration as they started to speak to each. She couldn't hear them very well, save for a few words that barely made sense to her. "Effects... 2 experiments... X-196..."

She didn't understand no matter how hard she focused. Except she knew now that whatever she's been injected with had also been an experiment. What exactly did it do? Was that the reason she felt those things? Was there a way to counteract it?

She watched curiously as the men behind the glass talked, and scoot closer when she saw a small hole in the glass. She grabbed the cup, wincing as any movement in her hands caused the wounds to sting in protest.

She was just about to take a sip when the man smiled at her again. Just as before, she felt a flutter in stomach and looked away. But this time, she forced herself to think about something else. She set the cup down carefully and wrapped her hand around the wound, squeezing it as hard as she could.

Maybe she could condition herself. Every time she felt those feelings, she would punish herself. Then whoever she looked at him all she would know is pain. Whatever they had done to her, she would fight it.

She bit the inside of her cheek to keep from screaming, glaring at the men even though her mind was saying that the smiling man was good. "STOP IT!" She yelled finally, her voice cracking.

message 43: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) ((I was on my phone. Sorry it took a while to respond but I'm here all day because it's a weekend today! (Or like... On and off ish)

And I don't really know what Tamil is so... Haha))

message 44: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments Both men noticed the slight odd reaction she had when she saw Arthur's smile. Soon after, Arthur watched as she twisted an injury that he hadn't noticed around her wrist. Her face contorted in pain. Arthur himself was wincing as he looked on in horror as she tortured herself. That wound looked like it needed some treatment desperately, especially since she was making it worse.

Arthur opened his mouth to speak before she suddenly yelled at them. Both men jumped back in fright and surprise. She seemed angry at them, which was normal. What wasn't normal was the conflicting emotions that shone right through her eyes.

Andy, satisfied, went over to a table where he already had set up some of his own apparatus. Leaning over, he scribbled some of his own notes.

Arthur ignored him, simply stared at the girl in confusion. "We haven't done anything but show you generosity." Not exactly true since they kidnapped her. Once again, guilt threatened to overwhelm him. He himself jotted some notes, before looking back up at her. "Do you require medical treatment?" he asked, although he was already putting down his clipboard and grabbing the first aid kit.

Andy was already busying himself with his own work, having lost momentary interest in the girl. Arthur manipulated the controls again, allowing for the glass wall to rise up ever so slightly. Arthur quickly slipped inside and said "Voice activation: Arthur McOwen. Close door to Containment Room 5." Immediately, it closed.

He looked over to the girl, an apologetic look crossing his face. "I'm afraid that you will have to acquire this treatment, like it or not." With that, he set his medication kit onto the floor and started pulling out alcohol and bandages before approaching their human subject.

message 45: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Generosity? How dare he! Ariana thought angrily as he wrote on his stupid little notepad and then made that stupid comment about medical treatment. He'd tied her up and put a bunch of chemicals into her, and he just now thought that she might be hurt?!

How stupid was this man? She scoot back, startled as the man stepped inside and had the audacity to act oh so noble and "treat her"?

She held her arms close to her, moving away from him. "Like it or not, Arthur," she spat,"I don't trust traitors. And a coward like you isn't going to lay a hand on me," She narrowed her eyes at him as he tried to approach.

"What are they paying you? I can triple that payment." Ariana added quickly,"You just have to stop torturing your own people." she watched him carefully, trying to gauge his response. "You can't keep pretending I'm not a human, you know."

message 46: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments Arthur's eyebrows shot up in surprise when she mentioned his name. He wondered briefly how she knew his name, but passing it as the fact that maybe she had heard it when he was having conversations with Andy and Ulag. His face quickly changed to a mask of hurt when she called him a traitor.

"Unfortunately, I cannot reveal any such information to you," he muttered, his gaze flicking to the direction where Andy was supposed to be standing, although he couldn't see him from there. "It's is not so much of the pay, Ma'am. It's... complicated."

His attention then shifted back to her wound. "Now, I really need to treat that injury. If it makes you feel any better, I'm sorry for causing such an inconvenience. But if you don't let me treat that wound, the re-" He quickly stopped himself from that line of thought, not wanting to think of it as something he had to do for his experiment. Instead, he tried to think of it as for the betterment of her well-being. "The repercussions would be a nasty infection. So please, allow me."

He held out his hand and looked expectantly at her, smiling kindly at her, hoping against hope that she'd just let him do his job and more importantly, extinguish some of the burning flames of guilt rising. Arthur didn't know what to do if she still refused though. Maybe he'd just leave the med kit and hope that she treated herself. Of she still refused, he'd probably have to sedate her as a last resort and then treat her wound. Not to mention the problem of having to acquire a blood sample from her.

message 47: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) Ariana watched his expressions change, noting that he did feel at least somewhat guilty, but then why was he doing this? What were the aliens holding against him? And how could she get him to stop and maybe help her escape?

She laughed,"You're SORRY?" she shook her head,"If you were sorry you wouldn't be here. You would let me out, or better yet, put me out of my misery. DO you you honestly think putting random chemicals into my body is better than just killing me?" she argued, squeezing her hand tightly as he smiled so she wouldn't smile back like an idiot.

"No. I do not allow you." she gritted her teeth as she stared at him. "And I will never allow you. And I swear if you touch me, you will regret it for the rest of your treacherous life," tears stung her eyes but she didn't touch them. If she was going to suffer, then so was he.

Sure, she didn't have much back home, but it was still her life. She still had so many opportunities. She still had so much to hope for in her life. And she wasn't going to let these aliens strip away her hope.

message 48: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments His smile faltered when her immediate reaction was in the negative. Arthur sighed as she began to become melodramatic, ranting about how she'd rather die and be put out of whatever misery she claimed to be in. Why were all his subjects so... irrational? Then again, it might either because of the sheer panic and anger, or because his chemicals were affecting her.

He allowed her to finish before he himself spoke. "Miss-" he paused suddenly realising he forgotten her last name. He quickly continued anyway. "The only misery you are going through is psychological. I can tell you feel no physical pain at all besides from the injury on your wrist of which you brought upon yourself during your vain struggle," he reasoned. Then he arched an inquisitive brow at her. "How do you actually feel?" he prompted, unsure if it was out of his concern or for his data.

While he spoke, he took a few steps closer to her, his hand still outstretched. He did not fear of her reactions, as he had dealt with many others before. Plus, he was bigger, stronger and faster. That last part might change after a week or two. That is, if his serum worked. What he did fear, though, was having to hurt her in the process. He offered her yet another kind smile, his eyes pleading her for approval.

message 49: by Rameela (Star) (new)

Rameela (Star) (starshynebrite) "You got that right," Ariana scoffed, looking away,"I feel trapped. Everything feels off; I don't even feel like myself," she mumbled honestly and then hesitantly grabbed the first aid kit, looking at him with an expression that dared him to try and touch her.

She carefully took the remaining water from her metal cup and carefully poured it onto the wound, biting the inside of her cheek until she tasted blood. She took athe alcohol swabs and carefully dabbed the wound next, before wrapping the bandages around her wrist.

"I was going to be a doctor." she whispered, looking at him. "I was going to go to med school and be a pediatrician." She didn't know why she was telling him this, but she felt that if she stopped thinking about what she would have been doing, she would have no hope left. And hope was the only thing she had now.

message 50: by Your Mom (new)

Your Mom (yourxmom) | 1464 comments ((Wait a sec... Your name is not Ariana, is it?))

Arthur felt a surge of panic when she started to open up. He really needed to record everything she said, how she acted, her demeanor, everything. But at the same time, he was afraid that if he left the containment room, she'd suddenly stop speaking to him and close back up. The only way to prevent all that from happening was to rely on his memory.

But his panic was soon replaced as relief flooded through his veins when she took the med kit from him. At least she wasn't living up to her melodramatic words. He watched, as if in a trance as she cleaned her wound. It took him a moment to realise that she was speaking once again.

"A pediatrician?" he repeated, his interest piqued. He was about to ask more about her before he quickly changed his mind. No. He refused to know more about her personal life, for his guilt might once again take over. He tended to make the stupidest decisions when his emotions rode sky high.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 51 52