Leaving Time Leaving Time discussion

Do you think that Jenna's grandmother knows that they're dead

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Monica Shoshanna Does Jenna's grandmother know that her and Jenna are dead, but is trying to protect her from the truth?

message 2: by Vivian (last edited Aug 17, 2015 09:38AM) (new) - rated it 1 star

Vivian I think so, yes. Your question doesn't have a clear answer in the book, so the reader has to decide for himself or herself.

Karolyn It was a real shocker thought to find out that they were all dead except Alice and Serenity. I really enjoyed it but found it a little wordy.

Anna Karolyn wrote: "It was a real shocker thought to find out that they were all dead except Alice and Serenity. I really enjoyed it but found it a little wordy."

Thomas was dead too??

Karolyn No... I forgot about him. He wasn't dead. Sorry. He should have been... he was a stinker.

Meredith Was Jenna living with her maternal grandmother? Because it says she died from breast cancer. The book also mentions that Thomas's parents had passed.

Rosella Meredith wrote: "Was Jenna living with her maternal grandmother? Because it says she died from breast cancer. The book also mentions that Thomas's parents had passed."

Yes, Jenna was living with her maternal grandmother. The character refers to Alice as her daughter in at least two instances and I believe there is a short story about Alice which mentions her relationship with her mother.

Lorrie Now looking back, I think the grandmother knew she was dead and was just trying to be patient with Jenna. When the took the journals away from Jenna, I felt like it was because she knew it was time for Jenna to move on in her level of understanding. Jenna didn't go looking for the journals (in the trash, grandma's cupboard) instead she snuck out of her bedroom window and went to TN.

Renny Barcelos Friendly advice: I think this question should be hidden under the spoiler button; many people can see it before reading and it'll ruin their experience...

message 10: by Kristin (last edited Nov 11, 2016 11:55AM) (new)

Kristin Cantor (Spoiler alert) No he was Alive, many ppl believe the mentally ill can see things he cant, he was able to see Jenbavwhilevthevstaff could not.

Patience wrote: "Karolyn wrote: "It was a real shocker thought to find out that they were all dead except Alice and Serenity. I really enjoyed it but found it a little wordy."

Thomas was dead too??"

message 11: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Cantor (Spoiler alert ) I think the grandma doesnt know but is kind of sentbto look out for het. Interestingly, I think the grandma died before jenna was born and never met her.

message 12: by Kristin (last edited Nov 18, 2016 08:39AM) (new)

Kristin Cantor Spoiler: Interestingly, she never met her grandma when she was alive, cause her grandma died before jenna waa born. I felt sorry for jenna bc she wasnt the warmest person and i dont think she did much for her or that jenna coukd do much for her. (Although many believe she forced her to move on but I think jenna figured that out herself) But I guess having family with hee for the time being made her feel secure. I think the grandma thought they were alive and felt her daughter was imcapable of moving on with her mother who passed. She was a cold unemotional person who felt, you move on and font dwell on the past. I guess tgey were kind of trying to say she helped guide jenna. In a way, she was ready to move on in the sprit world. So when the grandma thought she was telling her to put the past of her late mother behind her and live her life, in a way she was but in afterlive.