H20/Mako Mermaids Group discussion

Character Discusssion > Do you think Erik and Charlotte characters are very similar?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Khione (new)

Khione  (vamplover25) | 196 comments Mod
Charlotte was my favourite villain in H20, but when I was watching Season 2 of Mako Mermaids, it occurred to me that Erik's character shares the same purpose in seizing Mako. Although Charlotte wanted to stay a mermaid and stop the girls from having their powers and take Lewis, Erik seems very similar.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes

message 3: by Emily (new)

Emily (Emilywhennothinggoesrightgoleft) | 15 comments I agree

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally. :)

message 5: by Emily (new)

Emily (Emilywhennothinggoesrightgoleft) | 15 comments :)

message 6: by Khione (new)

Haha. Thank you. It was so weird how similar it was.

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (poppy14s) | 16 comments I can see how Erick and Charlotte are similar. Erick was just very curious but in an bad-obsessive sort of way. I think Charlotte just wanted to be the best mermaid around there.

message 8: by Khione (new)

I know!

message 9: by Alana (new)

Alana Long | 5 comments Yeah, I can see the resemblance, they both wanted power and they both wanted to gain something out of it, and Ah yes! They were both curious and Charlotte was curious to the point where she found about them being mermaids and actually became a mermaid. Does that make any sense? Haha probably not

message 10: by Khione (new)

Yes it does. To be honest I believe they didn't give Erik the chance to really build up as a character. But at the same time I realized that he wasn't really a bad man, he thought that what he was doing was right to save the mermaids, so I can understand his reasons. But I think he could've become a strong villian if they had build up on his character? You know? Like with Charlotte, she got corrupted by the power and through her own break up with Lewis made her fueled with rage and take revenge on the girl that took her man away. You know?

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 42 comments Yes! Charlotte really built on her character throughout the season! While Erik just needed more of a "punch" to go forth with his plans.

message 12: by Alana (new)

Alana Long | 5 comments Haha yes! Very true

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 42 comments :D

message 14: by Khione (new)

Oceangirlie16 wrote: "Yes! Charlotte really built on her character throughout the season! While Erik just needed more of a "punch" to go forth with his plans."

I completely agree! And we would've tested his acting abilities as well! And one big shame is we didn't see him shirtless enough. :P

Isabel of the Sea (oceangirlie) | 42 comments Yes...and lol :P

message 16: by Khione (new)

:D