Craftastic discussion

Welcome to craftastic group!

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 9 comments Mod
Hi there,
I thought it would be fun to share opinions on crafty books. Please share ones you've read, ones you'd like to read, etc.!

Looking forward to sharing!

Tracy

message 2: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 9 comments Mod
I've always wondered, is amigurumis crochet?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

you know Tracy, I've only ever seen it as such.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen | 1 comments I want to get a copy of Warm Fuzzies by Betz White. There are so many cute projects in there.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 4 comments I have done cross stitch, embroidery, and needlepoint since I was a child.

I learned to knit about two years ago, and am now a yarnaholic.

They are all great, fun therapy activities for my right hand (I had a stroke four years ago).

I got The World of Knitted Toys for Christmas. Some really cool projects - I luckily have little boys to knit for! I use it to "stash-bust" and right now I think there's a scarlet macaw pattern in there that's calling my name.

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy (doeeyeddolly) | 1 comments I have read a lot of crafty books and at the moment the one I love is "The Big Ass Book of Crafts" by Mark Montano. This book has a little of everything and the projects are really simple.

message 7: by Peni (new)

Peni Renner (penijo_renner) Hi all! I have been a crocheter since I was a teenager, and my latest pattern book purchase is Melody Griffith's '201 Crochet Motifs Blocks Patterns and Ideas." Wondered if anyone here has tried the Swirling Heart pattern on Page 55? I am stumped and need help!

message 8: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 9 comments Mod
Sorry, Peni, I'm not a crochet person. Have you tried Ravelry or Craftster? Those are my favorite resources for those types of questions.

message 9: by Peni (new)

Peni Renner (penijo_renner) Yes I recently joined Ravelry; was looking for advice there too.

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 9 comments Mod
Hi Elise,
Go ahead and add them!

message 11: by Lisat (new)

Lisat (lisawt) | 1 comments Hi,

I am going to take up crochet this summer, have no prior experience with it so I would love a few recommendations for a newbie like myself.

Thanks!
Lisa

message 12: by Angelica (new)

Angelica (angelica221) I have just picked up knitting. I really like Barbara Walker's Treasury of Patterns. Started working some of them.

message 13: by Connie (last edited May 20, 2011 03:35PM) (new)

Connie Cox (conniecox) | 4 comments Hi Lisa,
I love crocheting. It feels so meditative. I would suggest starting with a scarf. They're the easiest to make. I like Wool Ease and a size P hook because the yarn is smooth and larger enough to handle easily.
Connie
Lisat wrote: "Hi,

I am going to take up crochet this summer, have no prior experience with it so I would love a few recommendations for a newbie like myself.

Thanks!
Lisa"

Cana Elene (http://placeofreeds.blogspot.com) (canaelene) Hi,
I am genetically enabled to be a crafter (5 generations of crocheters/knitters/tatters/cake decorators...etc.), and I love to do anything with arts and crafts. Looking forward to this group!
http://lavendardragonfly.blogspot.com/
Cana

message 15: by Kathy (new)

Kathy | 1 comments Are there any other potters in this group? I also sew and work in stained glass.

message 16: by Barb (new)

Barb Lawrence | 3 comments I mosaic, sew, multimedia collage, SoulCollage, soldered charms, encaustic, crochet and knit

message 17: by AurorainBookland (last edited May 08, 2012 06:05PM) (new)

AurorainBookland I knit, cross stich, and make beaded jewlery, and sometimes crochet.

The klutz crochet and knitting craft books/kits are really good I learned how to crochet and knit using these books and some videos on youtube

message 18: by Freya (new)

Freya (flamecat) Hi, I like to knit, sew and am going to be trying my hand at cross-stitch in time for Christmas present making. Occasionally I draw when the artistic inspiration takes me. However, I feel mostly terrible at all but I am trying to improve!