Coffee & Books discussion

Discussion Archives > August 2015: The Language of Flowers

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2955 comments Mod
Discussion starts here!

message 2: by Jody (new)

Jody (beaume) | 37 comments Just got the book from the library excited will start it this weekend!

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen This was a terrific read. Pretty neat learning about the meaning of flowers and how they used them to communicate in early courting days. I look forward to reading others' thoughts...here is my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 4: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Got my book in the mail! Glad I get to start reading it!

message 5: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganmreads) | 44 comments I really enjoyed this book. I'm not a flower person, so I had the book on my shelf for like a year given to me by a friend. I was in a slump and picked it up and it was amazing. I thought parts were really far fetched, but as a story, it was quite beautiful. I liked the language of flowers used in the book.

message 6: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganmreads) | 44 comments I really enjoyed this book. I'm not a flower person, so I had the book on my shelf for like a year given to me by a friend. I was in a slump and picked it up and it was amazing. I thought parts were really far fetched, but as a story, it was quite beautiful. I liked the language of flowers used in the book.

message 7: by Net (new)

Net | 27 comments I loved this book. The writing and the story were beautiful, and I loved that we learned about the Victorian language of flowers. (view spoiler) Amazing and real.

message 8: by Natalia (new)

Natalia (natilia) | 21 comments I read the book and I think is wonderful, beautiful and very touching, Victoria is very complicated and nobody can blame her but the flowers are her salvation in this life :)

message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) I loved this book! I thought learning about the language of flowers was so interesting and it makes me think whenever I see or buy flowers. Victoria is a really strong character and I'm so happy she found something that makes her feel safer and happy.

message 10: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

I finally got my book in the mail!!! Gonna catch up :)

message 11: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

I finally got my book in the mail!!! Gonna catch up :)

message 12: by Nina (new)

Nina (niisku80) | 21 comments I have to say this book was not to my liking, I can't what is "wrong" whit the book, but somehow it was a strugel for me to get through the book. But it was cool to learn about the meaning of flowers and how they they where used to communicate in the "old days".