Coffee & Books discussion

Discussion Archives > August 2015: Cinder

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel Jorquera , Moderator (new)

Rachel Jorquera  (racheljorquera) | 2950 comments Mod
Discussion starts here!

message 2: by Colleen (new)

Colleen  | 143 comments I really liked this book. I thought it was very creative and would like to read more of the series. It was a quick read too. Kept me very interested and I liked her character. Want to see more of how this series storyline develops.

message 3: by Phrynne (last edited Aug 14, 2015 09:15PM) (new)

Phrynne I read this last year and I enjoyed it so much I went straight out to by the sequel. I have read all of the series so far and am now hanging out for the last one which is not published yet. It's a very original series and nicely written.
My review
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

message 4: by Gail (new)

Gail | 57 comments Really cute story and well written, too. I put a (library) hold on the next book in the series.

The e-book version I read had a typo, or am I missing the joke? "Coy pond," instead of "koi pond"?

message 5: by Phrynne (new)

Phrynne Coy pond. That's funny. I hope it was a typo and not that they thought it should be spelled that way:) Maybe it was spell check:)

message 6: by Jazzmine Cap (new)

Jazzmine Cap (that_broad_chic) I felt while it was a quick read, it was a little shallow. But I'm super critical of books in this genre. I'll read the sequel with an open mind!

message 7: by Kristie (new)

Kristie I really enjoyed this book and the series. I'm just waiting for the last in the series now, Winter. I think this series is fun and just what i need for light reading at times.

message 8: by Dewlanna (new)

Dewlanna | 111 comments I've just finished Cinder and was pleasantly surprised.
I honestly wasn't expecting much from that book, but overall it was a nice & light story.

It was quite fun comparing the book to the traditional fairytale except I'm not sure where the nice sister is coming from. I guess she was there to make Cinder appear more human but I thought she was almost too similar to Hunger Games' Prim.

I was a bit mad about the ending.. I hate when I turn the page thinking I'll see the next chapter and there are only the acknowledgement.

I'll probably read the rest of the serie (although I have already way too many started...)

message 9: by Kristie (new)

Kristie Dewlanna - I was also pleasantly surprised by Cinder and I have really enjoyed the rest of the series. I feel like the books and the story have grown.

message 10: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (rebeccasg) I started this series earlier this year and was also surprised by how much I enjoyed it. I loved the parallels to Cinderella, but even more so I loved how different it was. I quickly read the following 2 books and am waiting for the final book of the series to be published. I love how the fairy tale-ish theme is carried throughout the series.

message 11: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganmreads) | 44 comments I love Cinder. I thought it was cool that it wasn't a fantasy based retelling, but more scifi. I typically hate retellings when they are too predictable, and cinder kept me guessing.

message 12: by Megan (new)

Megan (meganmreads) | 44 comments I love Cinder. I thought it was cool that it wasn't a fantasy based retelling, but more scifi. I typically hate retellings when they are too predictable, and cinder kept me guessing.