Fangirl Fangirl discussion

fanfictions

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nadine I've'nt finished the book yet, but do I have to read the fanfictions? i really feel bored reading them and already skipped so many.. does it deal with the ending? or the concept of the novel?

message 2: by Jessica (last edited Aug 10, 2015 07:35PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica Nah I skipped most of them myself. Didn't miss anything in the main plot.

Nadine Jessica wrote: "Nah I skipped most of them myself. Didn't miss anything in the main plot."
and the one's that Cath reads to Levi?

Donela Nadine wrote: "I've'nt finished the book yet, but do I have to read the fanfictions? i really feel bored reading them and already skipped so many.. does it deal with the ending? or the concept of the novel?"

Of course you can skip them, but what's the point of reading a book if you're partly reading it?!? And no, it doesn't deal with the ending, but the fanfiction is kind of a metaphore of Cath's real life, or that's how I see it. I enjoyed them a lot and kind of like Levi got hooked on them. After all the book's called "Fangirl". Read them.

Jessica They do relate to what is going on in the book. They make the story what it is.

Jessica I enjoyed the fanfiction in the book.

Juyee I liked the Simon Snow fan fiction in the book. Is it just me or Simon Snow was so *makes a big hand gesture* much related to Harry potter?
Especially the part where she said that in the fourth book all of them have long hair which coincidentally happens in Harry Potter too.
And surprisingly in Cath's world, both Simon Snow and Harry potter exist. (the part where Levi mentions about harry being gay) And it really bugged me sometimes that she liked Simon Snow more than HP. Yeah I am a big potterhead.

message 8: by Sietske (new) - added it

Sietske Belle Zoey wrote: "I liked the Simon Snow fan fiction in the book. Is it just me or Simon Snow was so *makes a big hand gesture* much related to Harry potter?
Especially the part where she said that in the fourth boo..."

Yeah it's based on HP. ;)

Olivia I loved reading the fanfic! this is one of my favorite books.. i think that the author is making a novel on the story of Simon Snow.

Anoeska Nossol I have skipped literally every part of the fanfic. I don't know but a fanfic about a book/movie whatever it should be, that doesn't even exist? After "fangirl" the writer decides to write the story where the fanfics are based on. Like nope. The fanfic doesn't work for me at all.
It would have been better if she wrote the book first and then fangirl as some sort of series. I barely know someone who has read the fanfic part and it's indeed pretty boring because nobody really knows what it is about. I totally wasn't a fan of it. The story line about Cath was much better in my eyes.

message 11: by Jessica (last edited Aug 19, 2015 04:40AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jessica I've never had much interest in fanfiction in general, maybe if I did the Simon Snow parts would've been more interesting to me. Maybe it had a bunch of winks and nods to the fanfiction communities that went over my head but would've thrilled people who are part of those communities. So to me they felt like filler but to someone else they might've been amazing.