What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Harlequin? Not sure. Woman wins scuba vacation in charity auction. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 8 comments A woman is tricked into bidding on her bosses nephew in a charity auction. Her boss is a woman. The prize is a scuba diving vacation for like two weeks. I remember she was scared to fly and afraid of the water. The H isn't too nice to her about it, but comes to learn later that she had been in a small plane that went down over water where her husband died and she lost her unborn child. During the story she slowly overcomes her fear of the water. It seems they stayed in tents, but not positive about that. I believe there is a point where the locals are teasing her about throwing her into the water. She is panicking and he sees this and realizes how bad her fear really is. I'd really appreciate any help in finding the title of this. :)

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37804 comments Mod
Moving to Unsolved which is where this belongs. You will help people by adding some plot details to your header.

When did you read this? New, newish, or oldish Harlequin? Did you read paper or ebook?

message 3: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 8 comments Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure it is a harlequin. I remember it being paperback and I don't remember a lot more about it other than she gets pregnant by the H and so she quits her job and disappears because she don't think he wants a relationship.

message 4: by David (new)

David Brown (r2drivenimpala) | 70 comments Sounds like Chain Lightning

message 5: by Dawn (new)

Dawn | 8 comments Thanks David, it is! I had myself convinced it was an author I had never read before and so I never considered Elizabeth Lowell.