Living In A YA Book World discussion

Suggestions? > YA Contemporary Book Suggestions?

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria (marmalade4evs) This is where you guys can suggest what YA Contemporary books you want. I'm open to suggestions!

message 2: by Lizy (new)

Lizy | 2 comments Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
We Were Liars be E. Lockheart

message 3: by Nat (new)

Nat (beingreading) | 2 comments I would love to read We Were Liars! Its on my to read list :)

message 4: by Jamila (new)

Jamila Cox | 6 comments Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner

message 5: by Jamila (new)

Jamila Cox | 6 comments Can't Look Away by Donna Cooner

message 6: by Farren (new)

Farren (mmmcookies) I also have We Were Liars on my to read list

message 7: by Jamila (new)

Jamila Cox | 6 comments If I stay/ Where she went duology by gayle Forman

message 8: by Azaria (new)

Azaria Gerardo (bookflix) | 6 comments All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

message 9: by Virginia (last edited Sep 19, 2015 04:44PM) (new)

Virginia Arthur Marmalade4evs wrote: "This is where you guys can suggest what YA Contemporary books you want. I'm open to suggestions!"

Birdbrain--a young women leaves the narcissistic void of her youth propelled forward by losses and by looking through a pair of binoculars at two eastern bluebirds. Something in her breaks open. As she becomes more concerned about her planet, she is alienated from her family and friends who label her a "wacko environmentalist". The book follows her throughout her life. It is both poignant, ribald, funny but also includes ecology and natural history. It has been tagged by a YA group. Includes cussing but nothing explicit.

Also, Phat('s) Chance for Buddha in Houston is the story about a 'puberty stricken' teenage boy on the road with his very reactive similarly confused middle aged uncle. Both are escaping "the cousins" and their lives in rural suburban Indiana. It gets pretty wild both in terms of their adventure and their emotions. Literary fiction. Humor. History (French/Native Americans/Korean War). Includes cussing but nothing explicit.

Reviews of either welcome. Thank you.

Virginia Arthur, Author (ok to mix these up)

message 10: by Molly (new)

Molly W | 114 comments Mod
Thanks for the suggestions! Would you like a folder for people to talk to you about your stories and for you to advertise?

message 11: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Arthur I have not used one before but if you think this is appropriate, sure and thank you. You are welcome to remove the post if not appropriate and throw me into a folder.
Indie's are duty-bound to plug their own books (no one else to do it unless we have lotsa' mohney')so apologies if I posted in the wrong place. The group's interest/support is greatly appreciated.

Virginia Arthur

message 12: by Molly (new)

Molly W | 114 comments Mod
No this was the place to go cause you were suggesting books. Is there a particular name you would like for your folder or just your name?

message 13: by Virginia (new)

Virginia Arthur Arthur Author would be fine. Thank you!
OR Author Arthur...or
Author Author (somebody had to say it).

message 14: by Ariana (new)

Ariana | 1 comments Before I fall by Lauren -really deep yet great book

message 15: by Camila (new)

Camila (camilahernandez) | 124 comments Mod
^^oh I've read that one. its pretty good

message 16: by Elsa (new)

Elsa (lzachocolat) | 5 comments This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales ! Very good book about identity, finding what makes your heart race, and confidence as a teenager, I loved it!!!