Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Novel Swap for Beta Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Merethe (last edited Aug 10, 2015 02:07PM) (new)

Merethe Walther (mlwalther) Hello!

I have a 113k soft sci-fi/new adult novel that I'd like to swap for a beta read of something in the same numbers ballpark, so it's an even trade. :)

I don't really have a genre preference, and I don't mind reading erotica, but it's not my favorite. I do love fantasy and supernatural tones, however, and they are the genres that I most prefer to read on my own.

I am a professional editor with two independent presses, so I can tell you that my critiques will be in depth, thoughtful, and will attempt to address the issues that I feel may hinder your story. That said, I will not be able to edit your book, because I simply don't have the time.
(I'm not looking for anyone to edit mine either, so I would love for this to just be a fair beta reading trade.)

Please let me know if you have any questions or feel that I would be a good fit for your novel!

Thanks so much!

message 2: by HitC (new)

HitC (hitcgirl) | 136 comments Hey Merethe, I have a YA fantasy at 87k and I don't mind reading a few thousand more words if you'd like to swap. I read mostly YA/NA, and my favorite genres are fantasy/sci-fi so I will be experienced with your genre.

I've taken writing courses in college and through local guilds as well as read several books on writing, so I can offer you some good feedback. Feel feel to email me your manuscript if you want to swap: tiffany.godsgirl@gmail.com

message 3: by Merethe (new)

Merethe Walther (mlwalther) Great! I'll send it to you now. :D

Tiffany wrote: "Hey Merethe, I have a YA fantasy at 87k and I don't mind reading a few thousand more words if you'd like to swap. I read mostly YA/NA, and my favorite genres are fantasy/sci-fi so I will be experie..."