Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

Groovy Lee
This topic is about Groovy Lee
Bulletin Board > To Belle and everyone who commented on watercolor book cover topic

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Groovy (last edited Aug 10, 2015 01:40PM) (new)

Groovy Lee | 27 comments Hi, Everyone

A few months back, Belle started a thread about featuring watercolor picture on her cover. I got very interested and eager to try that myself. I said that when my cover was finished, I'd let all of you know.

Well, a few months later, I decided against it. It's a romantic/suspense and because of the title, COLORS IN THE DARK, and the meaning behind it, I just didn't think watercolor would do. I love the cover we came up with, though. If any of you went that way, I'd like to see the results. But I really enjoyed the topic.

Also, I think we got onto the subject of using magnetic car signs to help in advertising. I remember someone saying that it probably wouldn't work in the Mormon territory they live in. The thread is long gone, but I just want to say that I got the signs made up, they're absolutely beautiful! I just received them, and I'll let you know if they result in more sales. I'm sure they will, but we'll see.

The sign in essence has the cover of one of my books, the male model, and the text to the side says:
EverAfter Romances and Page-Turning Suspense along with my website address. I think it'll get some attention.

Thanks, Everyone

message 2: by Belle (new)

Belle Blackburn | 163 comments I am still waiting on the painting to get done. I would think Colors in the Dark sounds like vibrant colors, probably oil or acrylic. So how big is the car sign?

message 3: by Groovy (new)

Groovy Lee | 27 comments It's 12"hx18"w. And it practically covers a side door. I wish I could show it here, I'm so proud of it. Let's just hope it works:)

And you're right, my cover is black with vibrant colors on it. I'll load it on Goodreads in a couple of weeks. Don't forget to post yours when it's done.

Thanks, Belle