Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Duplications of same book

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello,
Own Me seems to have too many separate books. Could you keep just one. The one I want is this one.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...Own Me

Own Me
I noticed a person ranted both of the same book.
Thank you,
Brina Brady

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra  (myfictionnook) | 265 comments Hi,
I checked, and all editions of Own Me appear to be correctly combined into one book page. Readers may shelve more than one edition of the same book.

message 3: by Empress (last edited Aug 10, 2015 11:53AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Hello Brina,

we are a cataloging website and keep a record for every edition of the book. The same way we wouldn't keep only one edition for the Bible as it has been reprinted multiple times in multiple variations and people want to catalog the edition that exactly matches their own.

It's the same with electronic books. We differentiate between a kindle, a nook and an ebook.

However I did merge one of the ebooks as it was duplicated twice.

And I've linked your alternate cover editions

I also add this: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 4: by Empress (last edited Aug 10, 2015 11:54AM) (new)

Empress (the_empress) Brina wrote: "I noticed a person ranted both of the same book."

Librarians are volunteers users and have no say in such matters.

As Sandra said, users are allowed to rate more then one edition, sometimes it is just mistake, sometimes it is because they have read the book more then once.
Users are allowed to use the system as they see fit, however if you think someone is abusing the ratings you can contact support and they will look into it.

It is not recommended that you contact the person, please read the following recommended guidelines.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "Hello Brina,

we are a cataloging website and keep a record for every edition of the book. The same way we wouldn't keep only one edition for the Bible as it has been reprinted multiple times in m..."

Thank you.
Brina

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Ellie [The Empress] wrote: "Brina wrote: "I noticed a person ranted both of the same book."

Librarians are volunteers users and have no say in such matters.

As Sandra said, users are allowed to rate more then one edition, ..."

Thank you.
Brina Brady