IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

IGGPPCamp 2015 IggleWorms Activities!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 10, 2015 11:00AM) (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Hello, everyone! I probably should've posted an announcement sooner than this, but better late than never. As a good bit of you probably already know, IGGPPCamp is coming up August 13-18. It will be a blast - and the IggleWorms and IggleFlicks have teamed up for two events! The details are down below for each and head over to the IGGPPC website for more about IGGPPCamp!

Read the Book, Watch the Movie!

Who ready to get their reading and watch-a-long on!?!?
Iggle Bookworms and Iggleflicks are coming together to bring you another IGGPPCamp Activity! We will be choosing a book that has been turned into the movie! We will read the book in the weeks leading up to camp and watch the movie during camp! You lovely Iggles voted and The winner is… **drumroll** CORALINE. The watch-along is scheduled for August 14th and a time hasn't been determined yet, but we'll let you know ASAP. The activities forum won’t be open until first day of camp so try and keep all your discussions limited until then but feel free to get a head start on the book!

Read and Watch Goosebumps

Iggle BookWorms and Iggle Flicks are joining forces during IGGPPCamp to present an activity where we read and watch Goosebumps; the bestselling series of children’s horror fiction novellas written by R. L. Stine, which was later adapted into a television series.
We asked you to vote for which Goosebumps novella you wanted to read in the weeks following up to camp, and after the vote, the chosen novella is…
Goosebumps #09: Welcome to Camp Nightmare
NEXT SUMMER YOU’LL STAY HOME… IF YOU SURVIVE!
The food isn’t great. The counselors are a little strange. And the camp director, Uncle Al, seems demented. Okay, so Billy can handle all that. But then his fellow campers start to disappear. What’s going on? Why won’t his parents answer his letters? What’s lurking out there after dark? Camp Nightmoon is turning into Camp Nightmare! And Billy might be next…
Since Welcome to Camp Nightmare was chosen for us to read, that means Iggle Flicks and Iggle BookWorms will be leading Twitter watch-alongs of the corresponding television episode on the 15th of August.

So those are the books: Coraline and Welcome to Camp Nightmare. Hope to see you at camp!

message 2: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) Would these books count for the book monthly club picks? As in additional books this month.

Trying to shelve them properly. aaah.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Amber wrote: "Would these books count for the book monthly club picks? As in additional books this month.

Trying to shelve them properly. aaah."

Achievement wise, you'll be getting different codes for these books, so I would say you can't count them for codes. However, they're still IGGPPC books so they can put on your IGGPPC shelf!

message 4: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) yay shelving issues solved! I'm glad Coraline got the pick. I've been trying to give Neil Gaiman another try.

message 5: by Clémence (last edited Aug 10, 2015 02:53PM) (new)

Clémence | 117 comments I just finished Coraline yesterday ! :D
I wish I could re-read Welcome to Camp Nightmare, infortunately it's packed in a box and I can't get it easily... :(

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Clémence wrote: "I just finished Coraline yesterday ! :D
I wish I could re-read Welcome to Camp Nightmare, infortunately it's packed in a box and I can't get it easily... :("

I have the perfect solution. Hopefully it will work for you too, since you live in France, but this link leads to the whole book! http://readgoosebumpsfreeonline.page....

message 7: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments I started Coraline the other day, I find it difficult to read Neil Gaimans books but i've seen the film so I can follow along easily.

message 8: by Clémence (new)

Clémence | 117 comments Thanks a lot Elizabeth ! I also may find a virtual copy thanks to Fay, it should be more comfortable to read. :)

message 9: by Fay (new)

Fay Roberts I'm happy to send a digital copy of either or both books to anyone who wants to send me their email address. They are in mobi format because I use the Kindle but they are easy to convert online if you need a different format :-)

Kendall • thegeekyyogi (thegeekyyogi) | 74 comments AH! So many books, so little time! I am really excited to read these though.

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments I finshed reading Coraline yesterday and didn't really enjoy it. I felt like i was reading it for the sake of reading it and wanted it over with. I had watched the film a few years ago so i knew the basic story form that.

I finished Camp Nightmare this morning and really enjoyed the ending, I wasn't expecting that at all. I can't remember reading many goosebumps books as a teen just the Point Horror ones.

message 12: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) Samanyaaron wrote: "I finshed reading Coraline yesterday and didn't really enjoy it. I felt like i was reading it for the sake of reading it and wanted it over with. I had watched the film a few years ago so i knew th..."

I feel similar with Coraline. I felt like I was reading it just to read it. I think I just don't like Neil Gaiman for some reason...

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments Amber wrote: "Samanyaaron wrote: "I finshed reading Coraline yesterday and didn't really enjoy it. I felt like i was reading it for the sake of reading it and wanted it over with. I had watched the film a few ye..."

I've read one of his and hated it and tried to read Graveyard Book and couldn't get into it.

Kendall • thegeekyyogi (thegeekyyogi) | 74 comments I just finished Coraline moments ago and I'm not quite sure how I feel about it. I've seen the movie before as well and I personally don't think either the book or the movie should be meant for young kids. While I found the story interesting enough it still leaves you with a lot of unanswered questions. I don't think it's a book I would find myself reading again or recommending to anyone. I also find it quite creepy, which is the reason I wouldn't let a young child read it, it's a little too creepy in that respect.

message 15: by Amber (new)

Amber (amberinoface) Samanyaaron wrote: "Amber wrote: "Samanyaaron wrote: "I finshed reading Coraline yesterday and didn't really enjoy it. I felt like i was reading it for the sake of reading it and wanted it over with. I had watched the..."

which one did you hate? this was my third book by him. While I can finish them, they typically get three star ratings.

message 16: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Coraline has been the only Gaiman book I really enjoyed. I did read it after watching the film though so maybe I was mixing in a bit of the film characters and scenes to make it more enjoyable.

I just can't get into anything else by him. I dragged myself through American Gods for the PopSugar 'Book I could never finish', that was tought going. My mind kept wandering.

I've also tried The Graveyard Book and Goods Omens (I thought Terry Pratchett would help me through that one) but no.

I don't know what it is. He's not a bad writer but his stories just won't go into my head!

message 17: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments Amber wrote: "Samanyaaron wrote: "Amber wrote: "Samanyaaron wrote: "I finshed reading Coraline yesterday and didn't really enjoy it. I felt like i was reading it for the sake of reading it and wanted it over wit..."

It was Ocean at the end of the Lane