IGGPPC : Iggle BookWorms discussion

Book Suggestions > September 2015 Book Suggestions

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Hello, everyone! Once again it's time for suggestions for next month's reads and I can't wait to see what you guys come up with! This month's theme is a favorite author, so you have lots of room to suggest all kinds of books - any genre. You can suggest one of your favorites by a favorite author or one of theirs you haven't read yet - it's up to you! Have fun and think up some great book ideas for all your fellow IggleWorms to enjoy.
As for our alternative read, we need a manga suggestion too, so throw out a few of those also.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth (persephone17) Some of my favorite authors are Amy Tan, Sarah Addison Allen and Sarah J Maas, so I'm going to suggest The Valley of Amazement, The Peach Keeper and Throne of Glass. Yay favorite authors! :D

message 3: by Desiree (new)

Desiree (dezpresso) | 1 comments Manga: Wolf Children: Ame & Yuki and Codename: Sailor V, Vol. 1

Favorite Author(s): Anne Bishop - Daughter of the Blood
Yasmine Galenorn: Witchling
Patricia Briggs: Moon Called

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samanyaaron) | 146 comments My fave Authors are

Sherrilyn Kenyon - Fantasy Lover
Maria V Snyder - Poison Study
Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy
Kim Harrison - Dead Witch Walking
Kelley Armstrong - Bitten
Rachel Caine - Glass Houses

message 5: by Kendall • thegeekyyogi (last edited Aug 11, 2015 03:26PM) (new)

Kendall • thegeekyyogi (thegeekyyogi) | 74 comments Favorite Authors:

Jojo Moyes: The Girl You Left Behind
Libba Bray: Lair of Dreams
Cassandra Clare: Bitter of Tongue
Robert Galbraith (J.K.R.): The Silkworm

Manga: Clover Omnibus

IncredibleSigmund Samanyaaron wrote: "My fave Authors are

Sherrilyn Kenyon - Fantasy Lover
Maria V Snyder - Poison Study
Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy
Kim Harrison - [book:Dead Witch Walkin..."

The majority of these are on my list to read. I will have to add the others!

message 7: by Clémence (new)

Clémence | 117 comments Stephen King : Misery
HP Lovecraft : The Dunwich Horror
Emile Zola : L'Assommoir (The Dram Shop)

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (seaanemone) | 19 comments There's already a bunch of book suggestions so I'll just throw out a manga suggestion-- My Love Story!!, Vol. 1/Ore Monogatari!!

message 10: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen (victorianlibrarian) | 15 comments Catherynne M. Valente's The Girl Who Circumnavigated Faeryland in a Boat of her own Making is such a wonderful book; I cannot recommend it highly enough!

message 11: by Jennifer (last edited Aug 27, 2015 10:25AM) (new)

Jennifer (unicornprincez4) | 12 comments Hello! *waves* my favorite author is Diana Wynne Jones with the book suggestion of The Chronicles of Chrestomanci, Vol. 1

I also adore Laura Whitcomb with the book suggestion of A Certain Slant of Light

Everything that has been suggested by everyone so far sound amazing and I am deff going to have to add some of them to my want to read list! <3