Amazon Editors' YA Book Club discussion

John Green
This topic is about John Green
August 2015 > Questions for John Green

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Seira (new)

Seira Wilson | 92 comments Mod
John Green has agreed to answer some reader questions for our book club this month! What do you want to know about Paper Towns or do you have another question you've been wanting to ask the author? Send 'em over as comments under this topic by Saturday 8/15.

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan (secofnola) We're going to start our teen book club off with Paper Towns. Is there a particular element you suggest they look for as they read your book? They are all readers, but this will be their first book club. Thanks!

message 3: by Kathleen (last edited Aug 11, 2015 01:07PM) (new)

Kathleen How did the idea come to you about working Whitman's Leaves of Grass into your story?

message 4: by Linsey (new)

Linsey | 3 comments What are you working on now?

message 5: by Anastasia (new)

Anastasia (anastasiatab) What should we learn from Margo's character? She truly is paper thin as far as characters go, and by that I mean we really know almost nothing about her. Does she represent how people idolize others without even really knowing them?

Thanks for doing this Q&A!

message 6: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Frost (luv2teach) | 6 comments Having read your other books is it difficult to decide whether you will have a tragedy occur in your story?I feel like there were opportunities for you to send this book into a tragic direction.Thank you for saving the cow by the way.

message 7: by Janene (last edited Aug 19, 2015 02:54PM) (new)

Janene Murphy (janenemurphy) | 28 comments NOOOOOOO! Am I too late? Please say I'm not too late. I would LOVE to ask John Green a question. So if you're still listening, Mr. Be Awesome, here is another question: What subjects do you geek out on? I ask this because, by way of your vlogs and educational videos, you seem to be a knowledge junkie--which is awesome, BTW. So in your spare time (if you have any) what do you like to do/read/explore/learn about?

Later note: After posting this, I re-read it and realized I kinda sorta sound like I'm insane. Sorry about that. I'm just excited about the possibility of John Green answering a question from me. Forgive me.