Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

Agatha Christie
This topic is about Agatha Christie
General Chat > Reading Christie in Order of Publication

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Divad (new)

Divad | 5 comments Started reading Christie from her first book a few weeks ago. Now live in a location where we can get every Christie through the library. Just finished The Big Four (not one of her better efforts IMHO), but enjoying it all the same. Some seem familiar, others not so much.

cheers, divad

message 2: by Judith (new)

Judith | 560 comments I have every one of Agatha Christies' books garnered over years of trawling charity shops and library sales, they are great. Good luck with your reading.

message 3: by David (new)

David Gooch | 3976 comments Mod
Always good reading an author from the start to the conclusion.

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Divad wrote: "Started reading Christie from her first book a few weeks ago. Now live in a location where we can get every Christie through the library. Just finished The Big Four (not one of her better efforts ..."

What an interesting reading project. Do you see any character development in Miss Marple or Hercule Poirot in your chronological reading, Divad?

message 5: by Divad (last edited Aug 11, 2015 07:21PM) (new)

Divad | 5 comments Ruth - I had an idea about that when I started this 'project'... it's early days yet - I'll post here anything that becomes apparent.

It did seem that a few of the early books were a cross of mystery and sensational adventure - I think more than her later books. We'll see if that notion holds over time.

I just requested eight more books... the early ones seem to be quick reads...