Teachers' Book Club discussion

In your classroom > Classroom/Library Books

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 4 comments Greetings! I'm a high school English teacher, and I'm hoping to receive some feedback about adding books to my personal classroom as well as the school's library! (As of now, I'm serving as both...) Specifically, I'm in search of some excellent graphic novel titles (and I'm open to other genres, too). Please keep in mind that I work with at-risk students!

message 2: by Linda B (new)

Linda B | 11 comments American Born Chinese (graphic novel, won Printz award a few years ago)

I haven't read it yet (hate to admit that!) but I heard the author a couple of weeks ago and was so impressed with him-- down-to-earth and integrity seemed to be two of his characteristics.

message 3: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 4 comments Thank-you! I've actually looked into purchasing that particular book!

message 4: by jennyreadit (new)

jennyreadit (goodreadscomjenne) | 1 comments Our elementary students enjoy the Bone series by Jeff Smith and the older students are enamored with the Amulet series. As a literacy coach, I have purchased sets of GN's from Capstone ( based on historical events. The kids LOVE them and don't realize they are learning because all they know is they are reading graphic novels. :)

message 5: by Kayla (new)

Kayla | 4 comments Jenny wrote: "Our elementary students enjoy the Bone series by Jeff Smith and the older students are enamored with the Amulet series. As a literacy coach, I have purchased sets of GN's from Capstone ( based on h..."

Jenny wrote: "Our elementary students enjoy the Bone series by Jeff Smith and the older students are enamored with the Amulet series. As a literacy coach, I have purchased sets of GN's from Capstone ( based on h..."

I will be sure to check those out! Thank-you!