Visionary Fiction discussion

How to get endorsements pre-publication?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter Parr | 2 comments Hi everyone

I'm having a visionary fiction novel published by Roundfire next year. Writing the book was the easy part. Now I need to find a published writer or three who'd be willing to take the time to read the finished manuscript and (if they genuinely like the book) provide some honest comments that I could potentially use as part of the back-cover blurb.

Any tips? How did you go about getting published writers to read your book before it went on sale? (To make the back cover, reviews need to be in several months before the book hits the shelves.)

I'd be happy to read others' edited manuscripts too and give honest feedback.

Wishing you all well.

Peter

message 2: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Anderson PhD | 9 comments Peter:
I would be pleased to read your manuscript and give an honest opinion. I am published and have a few books. I write in Visionary Fiction, also. Sharon D. Anderson, Ph.D.
sdanderson432@gmail.com https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter Parr | 2 comments That's very kind of you, Sharon. I appreciate it. I'll be in touch with you by email.

Sharon wrote: "Peter:
I would be pleased to read your manuscript and give an honest opinion. I am published and have a few books. I write in Visionary Fiction, also. Sharon D. Anderson, Ph.D.
sdanderson432@gmai..."

message 4: by Feliks (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 30 comments You should try to repeat what just happened in this thread, in a dozen other Goodreads' fiction readers groups.

A well-moderated group will often have a dedicated thread which lists all the published authors who are members/residents in that group. That's how you can make a list of who to contact.

message 5: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Crater | 19 comments The list is on the website. .

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter A. | 31 comments Sharon,
Where do you post book reviews that you've written?