New Adult Book Club discussion

Jacmuir: Trust Stained Lies (Book #1)
This topic is about Jacmuir
Archived Read it Review it 2015 > #126/15 ~ Jacmuir: Trust Stained Lies by Angeline M Bishop

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Derna (last edited Oct 03, 2015 03:46PM) (new)

Derna | 5358 comments Mod
Title: Jacmuir: Trust Stained Lies
Author: Angeline M Bishop
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Formats ~ Mobi ~ copies will be gifted from Amazon
Copies ~ 25
Goodreads Link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

Synopsis

Oastomin, a university freshman and the newest Crimson Knight, consents to rigorous training so he can follow in his father’s footsteps and be accepted among his peers. A few months into his preparation, his dad, King Natro of Jacmuir, dies. Oastomin soon discovers his father’s power came at the high price of a long buried secret.

Seventeen year old Maia has a daily habit of pushing the “gray” boundary between right and wrong, but when she secretly rallies college-aged young men to undermine her father’s petitions for an alliance, her parents deliver a harsh punishment. Maia is forced to leave home but she decides to use her eviction as the perfect time to learn the secrets of the Crimson Knights.

Oastomin and Maia must decide if they are willing to sacrifice their principles in order to preserve their way of life. They will discover if it’s possible to slide across a moral line and openly challenge their parents’ expectations, while trying not to be held accountable for their powerful fathers’ mistakes.

To sign up please leave your email and what format you'd like. Once copies go out you will have three weeks to Read and Review the book, and please don't forget to post the link to your review in this thread!

If you cannot finish this book for whatever reason, please let us know so we can remove your name from the list and allow someone else to review it. Thank You

Reviewers

1, Rachel ~ ilovetosmileforJesus@yahoo.com
2, Denny ~ denise@cavanaugh.co.nz
3, D ~ dprice1218@gmail.com

Rach | 4 comments Excited about this. This is my first time doing this and I'm excited. My email is ilovetosmileforJesus@yahoo.com or my kindle email is ilovetosmileforJesus_23@kindle.com. Thanks.

Angeline Bishop (ambishop1) | 6 comments Rachel, I've sent the novel as a gift to your personal email. (They wouldn't let me use your kindle email address.)

The Amazon gift email will explain how to collect the novel so it can be added to your Kindle book collection.

Enjoy!

Denny Will my iPad accept mobi?

Angeline Bishop (ambishop1) | 6 comments All you need to do is download the Kindle for iPad from the Apple Store to read all types of eBooks. (See https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kindl... for more details.)

Denny Ok. I use Amazon all the time:)
I'd love to read this.
denise@cavanaugh.co.nz

message 7: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Price (dprice1218) | 213 comments I would like to read this book. My email address is dprice1218@gmail.com. Thank you.

message 8: by Angeline (last edited Aug 13, 2015 05:38AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angeline Bishop (ambishop1) | 6 comments Denny and D., I've sent it to you. Thanks so much for your support.

Denny Thanks. I have it:)
I will read and review it asap

message 10: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Price (dprice1218) | 213 comments Thank you. Here is my review...I loved it!
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Angeline Bishop (ambishop1) | 6 comments D, thank you SO much for giving this new series a try. I really appreciate it.

message 12: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee Price (dprice1218) | 213 comments Angeline wrote: "D, thank you SO much for giving this new series a try. I really appreciate it."

You're welcome and thank you for the opportunity!

Denny Thanks for the opportunity to read this.

Here is my review https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Angeline Bishop (ambishop1) | 6 comments Denny, thank you for taking the time to read book one. I really appreciate your feedback and candor.

message 15: by Rach (new) - rated it 4 stars

Rach | 4 comments sorry it took me so long.

This book was not at all what I expected. To be honest, I didn't really know what to expect. But the author blew away all negative expectations or thoughts that I had.
Kudos to the author for making the story flow smoothly and to connect with the reader.
The author did great with connecting mid-evil and modern time language and putting them together in a beautiful way.
Loved the story so much. Cant wait for the next one :)

Angeline Bishop (ambishop1) | 6 comments Rachel, I'm glad you enjoyed it.