Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > Four logical covers

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Hi Michael: No problem adding your scans, but we need to ask for the ISBNs to be sure they are going to the correct edition. Thanks.

message 3: by Philip (last edited Aug 10, 2015 09:13AM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #1-3 - Done

#4 - Just double checking that was the right ISBN, since the cover on Amazon for that ISBN was a different color, amazon shows that cover for a 1959 edition not a 2000 edition.

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Sommers | 255 comments Philip wrote: "#1-3 - Done

#4 - Just double checking that was the right ISBN, since the cover on Amazon for that ISBN was a different color, amazon shows that cover for a 1959 edition not a 2000 edition."

Mine has no ISBN. It has the 1959 date.

message 5: by Michael (new)

Michael Sommers | 255 comments Abcdarian wrote: "Hi Michael: No problem adding your scans, but we need to ask for the ISBNs to be sure they are going to the correct edition. Thanks."

If I do that, I will just be cutting and pasting the ISBN from the book's page, because I find the books through the ISBN (when there is one). Retyping it will provide a chance for errors.

The mistake I just made in my other post was due to not double-checking a book I added to my lists before I started using ISBNs. That won't happen again.

message 6: by Philip (last edited Aug 10, 2015 12:24PM) (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #4 - Done.

Reason he mentioned the ISBN, is because of something like #4, where the linked one had an ISBN, but your's did not. If you run into your's not having an ISBN mention that and the date, so we can either create a new edition or edit the right one.

Here is your new edition: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

If you have any more info like page count that can be update just provide it and we can get it done.

message 7: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 19392 comments Also if I don't ask for the ISBN, I sometimes get corrected & told that we should ask for it. :-)

message 8: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments True, that is why I usually try and verify the book cover goes with the linked ISBN if one was not provided. In the circumstances above, most of the covers were on Amazon, just his covers were of better quality.