Queen Maas' Assassins discussion

TOG #4: Queen of Shadows > Queen of Shadows ~ Post-Reading (Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 876 (876 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18

message 1: by Rachel , Co-Moderator (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) | 185 comments Mod
After you read Queen of Shadows, discuss it here! Beware of spoilers.

message 2: by Danielle (last edited Aug 19, 2015 04:24AM) (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments I READ A SPOILER ABOUT CHAOL. CHAOL. CHAOL. (view spoiler) AND I'M CRYING NOW NO ONE TOUCH ME.

message 3: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) I READ A SPOILER ABOUT CHAOL TOO AND I CANNOT HANDLE THE KNOWLEDGE I DID NOT NEED TO KNOW AND I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW AND I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR THE SPOILER TO SUDDENLY PUNCH ME IN THE FACE!!!

message 4: by Liz (last edited Aug 19, 2015 10:04AM) (new)

Liz | 172 comments If you guys are talking about what I think you're talking about then I 100% think it's not going to stick, remember (view spoiler)

message 5: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments Liz wrote: "If you guys are talking about what I think you're talking about then I 100% think it's not going to stick, remember [spoilers removed]"

OOOOOOOOR, (view spoiler)

message 6: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) But what's the point of it happening, just for it to be taken away?

message 7: by Anna (new)

Anna | 142 comments She had to come into the story again somehow

message 8: by Anna (new)

Anna | 142 comments I havent even read this book and here I am trying to predict what might happen in the next. haha

message 9: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments Priya Westfall Carstairs Winchester Havilliard Stark Targaeryan Lightwood Lynch Parish Thorne Salvatore Queen Allen Blake Stilinski Ashryver O'Brien wrote: "But what's the point of it happening, just for it to be taken away?"

To show that Chaol is Chaol?

Someday, guys, this thread will be filled with truth and nothing but the truth.

message 10: by Em (new)

Em Chaol is my baby and I hope he gets well soon to run into the sunset with Queen Nesryn.

message 11: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) Same, Em.

message 12: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) In chapter 7 on QOS there was this one part that especially bothered me and I want to here your guys thoughts on it

**SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 7**

When Aelin and chaol were arguing chaol threw the eye of Elena at Aelin and Aelin threw the amethyst ring back at chaol. This part really angered me because those two objects were so so so important to their relationship (by relationship I don't mean their ship I just mean their relationship) to me it just felt extremely wrong. How could they both throw away something so important away so easily. That's scene just came out completely wrong for me. I think it was Sarah's way of saying that their romantic relationship has ended. But those objects carried so much meaning and memories, even when Aelin took off the ring in HOF she kept it with her. These objects are not something I see as easily thrown away. But they were and I see that as so terribly wrong. Neither of them thought or cared about the object they completely forgot about it the moment after. It bugs me and I hate how it happened as a "FUCK YOU IM GIVING THIS PRECIOUS OBJECT BACK TO YOU BECAUSE I GOT INTO ONE ARGUMENT WITH YOU, AND WHO THE FUCK CARES HOW IMPORTANT IT WAS IN THE PAST BOOKS. I DONT GIVE A SHIT!"

All the rest of the chapters I enjoyed I just couldn't stand this.

message 13: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) I hate how it happened the way it did instead of it being a really emotional letting go scene

message 14: by Em (new)

Em I cried so much when I read the scene when Chaol and Dorian reunite after Chaol wakes up. So bromantic

message 15: by Em (new)

Em Priya, Chaol and Aelin's reunion scene was awfully written. Aelin was an out of character, arrogant and cruel mess.

message 16: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) Ah, Aelin was cruel. Chaol calls her a monster and she's the cruel one.
Priya, to me, it doesn't seem wrong by any means. It's understandable. Remember is just a meeting after months, and the last time they saw each other they weren't in good terms.

message 17: by Em (last edited Aug 19, 2015 03:47PM) (new)

Em Chaol called her a monster as a reaction to every shit she was throwing at him first.

and well.. she was an assassin and cold blood killer.

What happened to Celaena admiting it wasn't Chaol's fault in CoM? Did Sarah forget what she wrote?

message 18: by Em (new)

Em What did you guys think of Elide and Manon?

message 19: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) No Em, he said it because of her magic/powers. It's something that really made me very upset and angry, I wish they both get to be friends in the end.
Elide and Manon... I ship them. I don't care, I do.

message 20: by Anna (new)

Anna | 142 comments Ah! Thank you! new characters to talk about that have been spoiled. That other conversation is just going to keep going circles until we all read the books.

Elide, Manon.. and KALTAIN!! aHHh new badass alert!! AND LYSANDRA!! I am SO pumped to read more of their stories.

message 21: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) I really didn't look for many Kaltain and Lysandra stuff, to keep in some surprises... BUT DAMN. This book is going to be GOOD. I think that maybe Lysandra and Aelin are going to be friends and that makes me very, very excited. Elide and Manon just WOW. I read few scenes, but still. Love them.

message 22: by Anna (new)

Anna | 142 comments Right?!?! Half the time I was like WHAT?!?! Then was damn.. Wish I hadn't read that.. Oh well! Then I keep looking and it happened about 10 more times. Haha

message 23: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) EXACTLY OMG hahaha. I definitely spoiled myself for some things that I probably should have waited to find out but I don't care. And my ship <3<3<3<3<3

message 24: by Em (new)

Em Also, I thought Gavriel being Aedion's father was so random? I don't even know if I read it correctly.

message 25: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) My friends read it and well, it's correct. I remember Aelin saying that he doesn't even know how important his heritage is, so I guess it has a very important explanation to it.

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna | 142 comments Agreed. We don't know anything about Gavrial

message 27: by Anna (new)

Anna | 142 comments Speaking of Aedion.. Gahhh love him!!!! I know we haven't gotten much on him but from I've seen I LIKE IT!!!

message 28: by Liz (new)

Liz | 172 comments Anna yes! The little I've seen, him and Aelin are everything I hoped they would be :)

message 29: by Em (new)

Em I think Chaol will make important allies in the Southern Continent. And he'll probably find Yrene and bring her to Adarlan.

Remember when he said to Sorscha in HoF that Adarlan needed a healer as queen? I think that Yrene will be the one.

message 30: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments but Dorian and shhhhh. :O And I'm shipping Rowan with another (not Aelin haha I almost ship them until this someone came up). Also, who's saying that Aelin won't heal Chaol?

and lastly, Sam.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Another Spoiler Free Review of Queen of Shadows

http://www.behind-the-pages.com/2015/...

message 32: by Em (new)

Em Aelin is heading north and I doubt she cares that much tbh

I think Yrene will heal Chaol.

You mean Dorian and Manon?

message 33: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) Isn't everyone (Rowan, Aedion, Chaol and Nesryn) going north with her? Weird. I'll guess I just have to wait to see lol

message 34: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments I'M TELLING EVERYONE WHO US STUMBLING ON THIS THREAD. PROCEED WITH CUNNING---CAUTION,I MEAN CAUTION.
(view spoiler)

message 35: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments ale, no. something happened to someone that requires travel to Torre Casme.

message 36: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments (view spoiler)

message 37: by priya (new)

priya (gpriyaa) I'm going to go off this thread because I haven't read all that many spoilers, and I don't want to hear anymore. So if you don't hear from me again on this thread (well until QOS is released) that's why.

message 38: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) Oh, you mean Chaol? OMG. I'm excited now

message 39: by Em (new)

Em I thought Lysandra was into Aedion!

As for Dorian and Manon, I'm still not sure how I feel about this lol

Rowan was the one who healed part of Chaol's injury and he didn't die because Aelin slipped the eye of Elena into his pocket. She didn't heal him, exactly.

message 40: by Em (new)

Em I still cry when I read the scene of chaol finding out he can't you know what, and Dorian's and Nesryn reaction to him being alive <3

message 41: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments Now I'm really thinking Rowan knows how much Aelin loves Chaol

I'm gonna stop before Chaolin became my voice of reason.

message 42: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) Why can't this book come out sooner? Jesus. I want to know every detail of every spoiler I have.

I also thought Lysandra was into Aedion and him to her.

message 43: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments Me toooooooo. Nesryn is such a cutie. I don't know if I want it to be her and Chaol though.

message 44: by Liz (new)

Liz | 172 comments Has anyone seen the "Lysandraland" part? I am so looking forward to what Sarah does with her character because I feel like I'm going to love her and we all remember how she was portrayed in TAB.

message 45: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments But Rowan and Lysandra is such a cutie. and yes, L and A are also ♡♡♡ Okay,I'm not going to create a love triangle.

message 46: by Danielle (new)

Danielle (daniellecueco) | 233 comments Liz,YOU WILL BE SURPRISED WITH LYSANDRA. I did not expect almost everything I've read about her. Almost.

message 47: by Anna (new)

Anna | 142 comments I thought Rowan slipped him the eye AND half healed him.. could totally be wrong. Him and Nesryn were having a convo and she was like all i could thing was that I hoped she found a way to save you too (Aelin) and he in his thought is like well it was actually Rowan but I'm not going to correct her on that.

message 48: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) Lol, okay how much did you guys read of the book? I only went there for Rowaelin parts, and many random (kind of) scenes.

message 49: by Anna (new)

Anna | 142 comments WAY too far into it. I'll start putting spoiler tags.

message 50: by Ale (new)

Ale (bookishunicorn) Anna wrote: "WAY too far into it."

I see hahahah

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 17 18