The Mystery, Crime, and Thriller Group discussion

Frank Westworth
This topic is about Frank Westworth
all things promotional > Book blurb - opinions appreciated!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Hoseason | 90 comments Hello everyone,
Your comments and suggestions would be really helpful, if you've two mins to spare.
My fella has a new quick-thriller short story out this month, and we're playing around with the blurb.
Would welcome feedback on what you think of the text below. Does it interest you at all? What don't you like?

Any thoughts very welcome, and thanks.
R

------

FOUR CORNERED
An action-packed short story featuring covert operative JJ Stoner, who uses sharp blades and blunt instruments to discreetly solve problems for the UK government.
In FOUR CORNERED, a static stake-out rapidly escalates into live fire, but Stoner is distracted by two killer women. Suddenly, what should have been a ‘routine conversation’ with a disenchanted weapons inspector veers into violence…
FOUR CORNERED is a quick thriller, the perfect length to entertain you for a half-hour.

message 2: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Gobioff | 3 comments My humble opinion

FOUR CORNERED: Covert Operative, JJ Stoner, uses sharp blades and blunt instruments to discreetly solve problems for the UK Government, but when he's distracted by a member of the opposite sex in a static stake-out, a routine assignment turns deadly.

message 3: by Skye (new)

Skye | 2105 comments That's good!

message 4: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Hoseason | 90 comments Thanks Lynne - input v much appreciated!

message 5: by James (new)

James Hayward I like the sound of this will it be available in the UK?

message 6: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Hoseason | 90 comments James wrote: "I like the sound of this will it be available in the UK?"

James wrote: "I like the sound of this will it be available in the UK?"

Hi James,
Yep - it'll be on kindle v soon, or available directly from us. I'll post a link when it all goes live.

Thanks!
R

message 7: by Ron (new)

Ron Lynne's text does read more like a jacket cover, but the "opposite sex" part may not be what you had in mind. Sounds like a good thriller!

message 8: by Rowena (new)

Rowena Hoseason | 90 comments SO we tweaked the blurb half a dozen times more, and I left Frank to choose his favourite. It's out now Four Cornered: A JJ Stoner short story at Amazon.
I'm always excited to read the 'customer' version on my own kindle. It's a very different experience to reading the drafts.
Thanks for all assistance and feedback. Much appreciated!