What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. Historical Romance 3 stories in one book possibly published in 70s about a beautiful servant

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 3 comments I picked this book up in a thrift store in 2000 it seemed like an old book so I'm assuming it was published in the 70s or 80s . There was 3 stories in one book each story related to the other. I believe the setting could be in the late 1800s to early 1900s maybe in Louisiana or Florida. i don't remember much about the last two stories within the book save that the heroine in the second story is the daughter of the heroine in the first story. I remember the first story having a Cinderella theme the heroine is a quadroon servant/slave with beautiful long hair. The Lady of the house in which the H works for forbids the H to ever have her hair be seen and orders her to always keep it wrapped up. I remember there is a ball that the H attends. She ends up marrying an aristocrat becoming the envy of the cruel lady she use to work for. I'm sorry I know it's not much but any suggestion would help. TIA

message 2: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 550 comments Do you remember the cover?

message 3: by Kris (last edited Aug 10, 2015 08:12AM) (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Sophia, I moved your request to the "Unsolved" folder because you're looking for a specific book. Good luck with your search!

Does "HR" refer to Harlequin romance? Can you spell it out in your Topic Title (by clicking the "Edit" link near the top beside your Title - on the Desktop website). Thanks.

message 4: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 3 comments If memory serves me right the cover was a dark forest velvet green. I think there were no people on the cover. That's all I remember.

message 5: by Sophia (new)

Sophia | 3 comments I thought I did put this in the "unsolved" folder. Well thank you for the help I'll edit it asap.

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Sophia, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 7: by ``Laurie (new)

``Laurie (laurielynette) | 1039 comments Pamela Jekel had a series of books set in Louisiana during the time frame you mentioned.
Natchez

The Handsome Road by Gwen Bristow is another series set in Louisiana.

Hope this helps. If not, here's a list with more suggestions:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39287 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Sophia, are you still looking for this or did you find it?"

No response in 2 years. Moving to Abandoned.