Lovers of Paranormal discussion

Favorite Series That You Love to Re-read

Comments Showing 1-28 of 28 (28 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Morgan | 2 comments Just wondering how many of you have series that you always like to go back and read all over again? When I was in my early 20's and discovered Harry Potter I would literally read every book over and over until the next one came out and do it again! lol I think I read that series well over a hundred times. I have others that I re-read often as well. I'm not the only one am I? 

message 2: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Myers | 1 comments there's several I have re read. the pink carnation series and harry potter. I've read several stand alone books over again too.

message 3: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (torridmemories) | 2 comments I have definitely re-read the Deadwood series by Ann Charles quite a few times. When I was younger I used to re-read The Babysitter's Club books over and over until we would go back to the Book Nook and I could get more :)

message 4: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Morgan | 2 comments Lol I loved those books as well growing up. Always got them from the library so I wasn't always able to read them in order. Same thing with the Fear Street books. Now I have to read books in order otherwise it drives me crazy!

message 5: by Maddy (new)

Maddy Barone (maddybarone) | 6 comments One series that I like to read and re-read is the Psy/Changeling series by Nalini Singh. Actually, not EVERY book in the series, but most of them. :)

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole | 15 comments The Immortals After Dark Series is always my go-to, never fail series. Well maybe except for Dark Skye which I felt was so boring. Oh, and I love the Arcana Chronicles Series which also happens to be by the same author. Those are quickly becoming re-reads too.

message 7: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (torridmemories) | 2 comments Stephanie wrote: "Lol I loved those books as well growing up. Always got them from the library so I wasn't always able to read them in order. Same thing with the Fear Street books. Now I have to read books in order ..."

omg I LOVED the fear street series - and Goosebumps! I am the same way with a series now - I have to read it in order or else I can't move on from it for some reason.

message 8: by Trudi (new)

Trudi Jaye | 3 comments I used to re-read the Baby Sitter Club books too! What about Sweet Valley High? Did anyone else read those?
These days, I also go back and read the psy-changeling books. Also, Meljean Brooks Iron Seas series. I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them right now...

message 9: by Chrissy (new)

Chrissy (torridmemories) | 2 comments Haha I read a few of the Sweet Valley High books! What are the psy-changeling books? I haven't heard of those.

message 10: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | -1 comments I love to reread the night huntress series by Jeaniene Frost, at least once a year and I love to listen to the mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs over and over again.

Just another Fangirl (fangirl4ever101) gone series by Michael Grant and lunar chronicles by Marissa Mayer

message 12: by Trudi (new)

Trudi Jaye | 3 comments Oh yes, I haven't re-read them yet, but I would totally re-read Mercy Thompson series! And Chrissy, the Psi-changeling series is by Nalini Singh.

message 13: by Meredith (new)

Meredith | 5 comments I reread the Kate Daniels series every time a new one comes out and have also read the Mercedes Thompson series many times as well. Otherwise, instead of the Frost series I find myself rereading the Jaz Parks series by J Rardin often, and taking a break from paranormal I can't count the number of times I have read one or all 3 of the Bobby Faye books by Toni McGhee Causey!

message 14: by Trudi (new)

Trudi Jaye | 3 comments I know this isn't paranormal, but I've read most of the Georgette Heyer books multiple times...

I have to say that I re-read books less often now, because there are so many more books to read out there now. I used to re-read my books because I wanted a guaranteed good read, and didn't always want to risk a new author/series. But now I don't always have the time to go back and re-read books, and I seem to be trying more new authors...

Is anyone else the same? Or is it just me????

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

I am the same, so many books to read, so little time, but I have read a trilogy by Jared Southwick twice.

Marysvale, Alyth, and Anam

message 16: by Shelby (new)

Shelby | 26 comments When I'm in a book rut and can't find anything to read, I always go back to my favorites. You can never go wrong there! I've probably re-read Something Witchy This Way Comes, Vampire Academy, and Fifty Shades of Grey more times than I'd like to admit :)

message 17: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 22 comments The Dark Hunter series by Sharrilyn Kenyon. I return to reread the books many times. I have also reread Stone's Kiss a few times as well.

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) Harry Potter and The Banned and the Banished are two series I would reread.

message 19: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 22 comments I also enjoy Phoenix Pack by Susanne Wright!

message 20: by Amber (new)

Amber Foxx (amberfoxx) | 22 comments I have reread many of the books in James D. Doss's Charlie Moon mystery series. It has a mix of mystical paranormal with a Southern Ute shaman, Daisy Perika, and mystery, with her nephew Charlie investigating.
(Have I said this before? Some of these threads have been around a while and I'm in so many groups ...)

message 21: by K.D. (last edited Sep 14, 2015 07:48PM) (new)

K.D. McQuain (kd_mcquain) There aren't that many series that I go back to, but Lloyd Alexander and Orson Scott Card are ones that I returned to time and again. Also, the Patrick Tilley Amtrack Wars seties, Kate Elliott, and John Christopher.

message 22: by Kara (new)

Kara Lockharte | 7 comments The Kate Daniel's series by Illona Andrews. There is the perfect combination of snarky humor, excellent dialogue crazy monsters and sexual tension that I just gobble up. Highly recommended!

message 23: by Kara (new)

Kara Lockharte | 7 comments Meredith wrote: "I reread the Kate Daniels series every time a new one comes out and have also read the Mercedes Thompson series many times as well. Otherwise, instead of the Frost series I find myself rereading th..."

Me too! I've been rec'd the Jaz Parks series so many times, but still haven't picked it up. I suppose I should :)

message 24: by Edward (new)

Edward Odson | 1 comments Stephen King's Dark Tower series. Now that you mention it, I might go back and start The Gunslinger one more time.The Gunslinger

message 25: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | -1 comments The Night huntress series by Jeaniene Frost

message 26: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Strickland I love KMM'S books both series and Janet Chapman's highlander series

message 27: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | -1 comments Trudi wrote: "I know this isn't paranormal, but I've read most of the Georgette Heyer books multiple times...

I have to say that I re-read books less often now, because there are so many more books to read out..."

I have been the same thing, i still want to re read my books but i am taking more time now to find new authors and books to read.

message 28: by S.Shade (new)

S.Shade | 15 comments TMI I have read that series so many times I've lost count