Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Week 149: August 10th - 16th (Summer Break Blues)

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Last-Day-of-Summer-2014

This Monday marks the last day of Summer Break for my kids and BACK TO SCHOOL!

AND, since this coincides with our Read-A-Thon, I thought I would go nice and easy.

This week's challenge:

1. You can read any book - Just hopefully make it YA

2. When you post your book, tell us -

Would you rather:

Stay in Summer time for a little longer

OR

Are you looking forward to a break from the heat and for Fall to start?

I hope you guys pick good books and enjoy the week!

download

message 2: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Are you SERIOUS? I'll take summer break/reading and relaxing over work for the rest of my life! LOL

I think I'll read Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers

message 3: by Marybeth (last edited Aug 10, 2015 05:55PM) (new)

Marybeth (narutofan14) | 1024 comments I will go with looking forward for a break from the heat and for Fall to start. :)

I will read The Winner's Crime (The Winner's Trilogy, #2) by Marie Rutkoski

message 4: by Trinity (last edited Aug 10, 2015 10:16PM) (new)

Trinity I actually can't wait to get back to school! I'm looking forward for the fall to start. :)

I will read Emblaze (The Embrace Series, #3) by Jessica Shirvington

message 5: by Maria (last edited Aug 11, 2015 12:30AM) (new)

Maria | 817 comments In Greece school starts at September 11th :p We still got time. And for me, university opens at October :D I got a month and a half to enjoy still :D

message 6: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments soo jealous Maria!! Yesterday was the first day of school in the US - on the East Coast (I'm in Georgia).

message 7: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Maria, when does the school year end if it begins in September?

Here in California the teachers began August 3 and students on August 6, but our school year ends the end of May, usually around the 27th-29th.

message 8: by Allison (last edited Aug 11, 2015 07:02AM) (new)

Allison Brunskill | 1891 comments I love summer. I love having the kids home with me, I am sad every year when school stats.

I'll read Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2) by Simone Elkeles

message 9: by Mehsi (new)

Mehsi | 26632 comments I read (and finished) Most Likely to Succeed (Superlatives, #3) by Jennifer Echols 4.5 stars.

As for the question, I wouldn't mind Stay in Summer a bit longer, which shouldn't be a problem, as I still have a vacation to look forward to started next week Saturday. :) And it hasn't been that hot here, so I am actually not looking forward to the cool autumn.

message 10: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Finished Emblaze (The Embrace Series, #3) by Jessica Shirvington 5 stars!

message 11: by Vicki (new)

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 32355 comments Finished Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers 4 stars