Yoga Folks discussion

“Yoga Girl” Discussion > “Yoga Girl” Favorite Lines

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jessicatopper) | 74 comments Mod
Feel free to share any of your favorite quotes or takeaways from the book. Here were two that struck me:

“No one judges you the way you do.”

“Learn to act instead of reacting.”

Peg - reading heals | 7 comments "If you allow your mornings to be sacred, it will set the tone for the rest of your day."

"Begin where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can."

message 3: by Marie (new)

Marie | 3 comments I love quotes!!! :

Balance is key in everything you do.

Be brave and bold and spontaneous and loud, and let that complement your ability to find silence and patience and modesty and peace.

I can sit back, take it all in, and see the situation for what it is.

Life is about finding happiness.

My body is connected to my emotions. My emotions are connected to my thoughts. My thoughts are connected to my ability to stay present. And my ability to stay present is connected to my body.

In silence, breakthroughs come.

Learn to act instead of reacting.

Forgive everyone for everything for your own sake.

Do more of the things that make you smile.

I was chipping away at the marble to find the masterpiece hidden beneath all the experiences I had accumulated throughout my life. I was becoming myself.

Universe. I'm ready for something new. Bring it!

We are all in charge of our own happiness. Life does not happen to us, it happens for us.

By believing in the good of the universe and trusting in life's ability to take us where we need to go, we can create any type of living that we want.

Meditate, meditate, and keep on meditating until you've learned to let go of all the things you fear to lose.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Karissa noticed this one:

"Explore the world and soak up the wisdom that lies in every lesson you learn along the way. Life is meant to be an adventure!"

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda Belmont | 16 comments Sorry for the late entry - I've been on vacation. I absolutely love this book. Thank you for recommending it.
Favorite quotes -
Forgiveness is the key to happiness.
If I want to change my life, I change my life. If I want abundance, I can create it. I am in charge.
Worrying is praying for what we don't want to happen.

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Those are great, Linda! And no worries - no time limit on favorite quotes! :) Glad you are enjoying the book.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Here are a few of my favorite lines from chapters 4 and 5:

“I am who I am. I can only do my best.”

“A good body is every body.”

“Sometimes saying no is caring for yourself.”